SRS I just had a crazy fuckin idea

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by misha, Jan 17, 2005.

1. misha

misha New Member

I was digging through some shit, since I’m moving, and I found a bunch of posters, cards, masc. drawings, writings my ex fiancé gave me. Reading through some of the stuff, esp. stuff given to me, mere months before she left me, gave me a crazy thought. She was always a firm believer in the philosophy; "if you love something, let it go, and if it was meant to be, it'll come back to you." I distinctly remember her talking me about it, and my not paying any type of attention. Kind of like to everything else she said. :wtc:

I am not wondering whether this is exactly what she has done with me. She has an enormous amount of street smarts. At this point I can look back and see that her leaving me was the best thing that ever happened to me, because I completely turned around, and became a better human being in every way possible. I think she could have very well foreseen what effect her leaving me would have. She was basically everything to me in life, and I would have had 2 choices; whither away, or become stronger and turn into somebody she always wanted me to be.

I can’t imagine how such unprovoked professions of true love could be shut off within mere weeks.

I think it is an interesting thought. I will attempt to test on it when I see her on spring break.

2. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

I doubt that her reasons for leaving you were altruistic. I think that you might be a true romantic.

3. misha

misha New Member

I am. And its causing me huge problems. :wtc:

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

it's "if you love something, let it go," not "if you love something, leave it." sorry bud

5. misha

misha New Member

depends how you look at it. she let me go, because she knew i would never leave her on my own will.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Loving someone sometimes means 'letting them go' .

And if your ex doesn't return back to you, then her saying that you two weren't meant to be was right.

However i don't really believe her saying ,it's more like 'life is what you make it' celebrate it idea, if you want her back take the appropriate action to make it so.

7. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

This girl was talking smack to you. Most girls would kill for a guy like yourself.
    You have to admit that she just wasn't worthy, some day you will realize this. You need to meet some girls at a poetry reading.

8. wufei

wufei New Member

not trying to be harsh man

but hindsight is 20/20. when you're going through all that shit. it is not the best thing that has ever happend. :hsd:

9. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

try overnight on for size. :sadwavey:

I'm literally talking about someone that was in a blind jealous rage at me for having the audacity to speak with someone else while I was in bed (they called me)

someone that was so fiercely possessive and so fiercely "in love with me" - then wham. literally overnight gone.

for me at least, it was a mostly good time, but looking back on it with the benefit of that 20/20 hindsight, I can now see that I was lied to pretty much the entire time.

it still really hurts sometimes, but at this point I'm more angry with myself for believing.

10. johan

johan Active Member

Those massive reality checks can be good though. They force you to reassess your life, your relationship, yourself. Maybe you were blinding yourself to a basic part of reality.

When you get slammed face first, you're forced to wake up. It hurts, but it's good for you. Keeps you from making even bigger mistakes down the road.