I just got quoted 175-225 for a paint detail

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by TheMustafa, Feb 8, 2005.

1. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

from this guy: http://www.ultimatereflections.net

this is for my 94 sc400. it has some minor sap stains that need to be polished out; nothing hardcore. and this is only paint, nothing else.

am i crazy, or does this guy charge an insane amount?

2. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Sounds about right if he is going to do it properly.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Anthony does outstanding work. He will put some serious time into your paint. He will probably clay, then do a 3-4 step polishing/sealing process on the paint.

4. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

yeah, thats cool and all, but i'm selling this car and dont really want to drop 200 on the paint just to sell it

finding a detailer in austin is ridiculously hard... maybe i should set up my own business, shit

5. Robb

Robb Guest

thats a good price for the aulity of work that anothony does, its nothing less than top notch. Your car will look new, i would think it would increase resale value much more than the 200 u spend.

6. Scottwax

PM 6][9, I think he is also in your area.

7. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

That's very reasonable. His work is outstanding from the pics I've seen and the reviews that I've read. The resale value on the car will increase and people will be more likely to pay the price you want because of the condition of the car.

8. Scottwax

You also have to remember that you have a 10-year-old car. Anthony has no way of knowing its true condition but speaking as a fellow detailer, 10-year-old cars can be either pristine or need hours of polishing and most owners simply are not aware of the true condition of their vehicles. How does your paint really look in the direct sun? Any spider swirls? Scuffs? Scratches? You say you have sap stains and sometimes they come out easy, sometimes they don't. All this is factored in when giving a rough estimate and it is better to be a bit too high than too low, trust me.

Like I said, Anthony is an elite detailer and when he is done, the paint will look as good as possible, probably above and beyond how it looked brand new (save for any defects that are too deep to remove).

9. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

Did somebody call my name :naughty:

arent you the same guy that pm'd me a while back on those tree sap things? Yeah i have to admit Anthony does some good shit. His prices are upthere but so is his work. I have to hand him credit being a real good mentor for me :bowdown: . If i remember correctly the paint is like a light blueish silver right?

Also all your looking to do is the hood?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  10. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I didn't even have to look if that was Anthony. I saw the pictures and went yup, that's him. His work speaks for itself. I can saw with complete confidence that he is one of the top 5 detailers.