GUN I just got back from my nightly run and wish I had a CWP

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

I was just out running in my neighborhood when this black SUV was driving around the neighborhood REALLY slowly mabye 5mph or so. It was just really suspicious and all the windows were tinted. I've ran around my neghborhood a thousand times and I know everyone's cars, whoever was driving definitely wasn't from around here.

I didn't really think much of it at all though until about the second time it passed me but instead of driving by it STOPPED right next to where I was running and just sat there for a second or two and then peeled out really fast and stopped mabye 200 feet away, then just kept driving slowly again. I was foolish and should have ran home at this point, but I thought they were gone and just kept running... about 5 minutes later I see headlights coming from behind me and I glance over my shoulder and see the same SUV again, going the same slow speed. It again stopped next to me and peeled out, now at this point I was getting pretty nervous. I stayed calm though and kept running at my normal pace until the SUV was out of sight, as soon as it was out of sight I took off running the other direction towards my house and called 911 and told them everything and how it was really suspicious and bizarre... they said they would send out an officer to drive around my subdivision and check things out.

If a bunch of dudes got out of the car or something I really have no idea what I would have done, every scenario was going through my head though and this was the first time I really wish I had a CWP, but it was stupid of me to not even bring a cell phone. The second I got in the door I went and unlocked my safe "just in case" and then I called 911.

And the worst part is I didn't get to finish my run, but I guess sprinting half a mile to get back home made up for it :o.

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I run through scenarios all the time too. I never seem to end up well in my scenarios though. I need to get a CCW permit too. I just have to do it.

3. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Black SUV w/ tinted windows? Sounds like a government vehicle.

It was the ATF watching you.

4. Accord

Accord New Member

:rofl:

5. mrbill

mrbill New Member

glad you didn't get hurt(or worse). if you're uncomfortable in a situation, get out. don't rely on a weapon. i know you'd have felt more secure w/a gun, but it wouldn't have guaranteed your safety.

6. Accord

Accord New Member

Of course. Had I had a firearm in that situation, I probably wouldn't have done anything different... just stayed calm and then high tailed it out of there as soon as they were out of sight. I would have only drawn a firearm if someone got out of the SUV and came after me.

7. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

maybe your mommy and get you a CWP too :o

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

i run through scenarios while im at work, and pretend i see some guy come in with a ski mask and a shotty, and i put a few rounds in him, and hes still alive, but obviously going to die, and i want to put one more bullet right between his eyes, but the jury wouldnt like that too much..

so I just let him suffer, and then I run outside and see his driver waiting, he probably thinks its the robber, and i stick my gun in the window and say "dont move motherfucker or ill blow your brains out, your buddy is already dead and his head is splattered on the floor, you're next motherfucker"

then I spray him down with my OC spray, pull him out of the car and kick him a few times until the popo come :embd:

9. striker754

striker754 Chillin

:rofl: :rofl:

10. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

If you had your "CWP" would you really conceal a handgun while running?

I don't.

11. CString

CString New Member

:bowrofl:

12. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Don't what? Carry while running? or you don't conceal while running?

13. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:h5:

14. san408

san408 New Member

The way I see it, if you are out running alone then that makes you a perfect target, especially at night. A thief would probably make the assumption that most people have your opinion about CCW while running.

I don't run (bad knees), but walk at least 3 times a week in the evening. I ALWAYS CCW. I think the correct way to handle this particular situation is exactly the way it was handled, armed or not. If someone had gotten out of the vehicle, then the situation, of course, has escalated. (depending on intent obviously.)

15. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Sounds like a bunch of asshole kids :mamoru:

16. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

so can you not open carry? just run around w/ your pistol in your hand. and where black clothes and a ski mask so you don't stand out as much.

17. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I wear russian surplus flectar bdu's on a daily basis, my glock on a hip holster, and my makarov on a neck lanyard (true OG's rock the lanyard).. most people are pretty scared I think, they tend to keep their distance

18. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I need a glock lanyard..
    I was ordering a couple things from this site and decided to get these pants too suppose to be real warm, they will be good for hunting and maybe riding my bike when its cold :o

[​IMG]

19. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Eh fuck you, you know you'de wearem to if your bike worked and you wanted to go ride on a cold day. There russian military winter pants so they must have decent mobility, better then wearing 6 layers of shit when your hunting too.

20. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tankbag + 357 ftw.

21. Accord

Accord New Member

You mean it would hard to carry concealed while running? A PPK/S or some small Keltec with a good holster seems like it would hold fine :dunno:

22. Accord

Accord New Member

:rofl: :rofl:

23. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

that or just run with a fanny pack even though its kinda :greddy: but it'll keep it nice and secure while you run

24. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

keltec in a fanny pack FTW

25. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

fanny pack ftgay