A&P I just got back from a Ritz Camera store...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by chevo, May 10, 2005.

1. chevo

chevo Guest

I just got back from a Ritz camera store and I must say that I am glad I went. I was going to buy the FZ5, as opposed to the FZ20, but feeling both of them out in person has definitely swayed me to the FZ20's side. It is bigger, heavier, and feels like less of a point and shoot. The FZ5, on the other hand, feels REALLY light and flimsy which plays tricks with my head. The price difference is ~$80, and I get a hot shoe, MF ring, and 2.8 throughout the zoom with the FZ20. The only thing I am slightly worried about is its protability (both cameras do not fit in my pocket whatsoever anyway.. but the FZ20 is much larger.

2. airbrat

airbrat Swollen Member

have you considered the FZ15? You can get it for $380 shipped. I just got my FZ15 about 3 weeks ago. Cosmetically its identical to the FZ20 except its a 4mp cam (I don't plan on printing larger than 8x10 so no big deal), no hot shoe, no audio in camcorder mode. FWIW, the FZ15 is faster cam than the FZ20.

3. chevo

chevo Guest

I would feel weird going from a 3mp to a 4mp.. I'm one of those people who likes the "numbers" so a 5mp is important to me. I :dunno: really.. will pictures from a 4mp camera look identical to those of a 5mp camera online and in smaller prints?

4. chevo

chevo Guest

Hmm.. actually.. the FZ15 seems like a better deal to me at ~$380 shipped. :eek3: Decisions, decisions..

5. chevo

chevo Guest

Yeah.. so I just went ahead and placed an order for the FZ15 :noes:

$372 with 3-5 day shipping (FedEx > UPS) from butterfly photo. Took 5 mins on the phone.

Now the wait.. I'm excited!

6. airbrat

airbrat Swollen Member

good choice! Honestly, if you took a pic from a FZ15 and a FZ20 and printed both pics on a 8x10 at max resolution chances are you won't see a difference.

7. chevo

chevo Guest

Thanks man! It's funny, but I owe my purchase to your post.. :bigthumb: I don't think I would have considered it if you wouldn't have said anything.