MIL I just got an "Annual Muster Oders"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Lad, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Lad

Lad Guest

It says I was informed I may be recalled once a year to active duty, and am being summoned to muster for a breifing. Anyone else get these who have been off active Duty?... Or is this their new nifty way of recalling people and tricking them to show up?

Things that make this suspicious to me:
    1) I was never told I may be required to show up once a year on the IRR
    2) It says dependants are not allowed to attend due to "space limitations"
    3) It says I am covered by the standard $400,000 SGLI policy :hsugh:
    4) My buddy who joined the same time I did has not yet recieved such a summons and its dated the 5th of July and would definitely have reached him by now

Just curious if anyone else has been asked to drive/ fly over 3 hours to a location for an "annual muster" or is this a hock of crock?

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I don't know about the other branches, but the Army is revamping the entire IRR force. Pretty much making it easier to snatch you up by the shorthairs whenever they want to. :mamoru:

3. Lad

Lad Guest

maybe it is entire service-wide. Dont get me wrong, if I get recalled, I wont flee to any foreign Country. But if this is a trick I will be pissed. I would rather they be up front an honest and say "Bitch..., getchass back here and fight some more!"

4. Lad

Lad Guest

I recieved it by snail mail. It says it is for annual records upkeep and also a breifing. What I didnt like the most is they said I had previously been informed about it... When I have NEVER heard of it. Only thing I have heard about is actual recalls, not a 1 day a year "annual muster". But it also says that if I am over 150 miles I may not get paid for the muster, however, it doesnt say I would be exempt from attending. I tried calling the number they gave me, and noone answered. Awesome imho.

5. Lad

Lad Guest

I took pics of the orders (edited for OP/ Personal Security)

Front page:
    [​IMG]

Back Page:
    [​IMG]

6. Lad

Lad Guest

I was thinking about showing up looking like a hippie reaking of pot (dont smoke, but i could easily get some and rub the smell into my clothes), but I cant stand the smell of pot and that might make some people quite harsh with me. People and their no sense of humor....

7. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

From the google it seems they want to keep tabs on who they'll actually be able to grab if they want to.

Fake an amputation or something :o

8. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I've heard that before. Though I've never been IRR so all of my knowledge is second or third hand.

9. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

I was told about annual musters when I was checking out of my unit a month ago. so there's my 2 cents.