COMIC i just got a good idea.. well maybe not

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Jesterkiller, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

im gonna get complete runs of a lot of singles im missing. i started collecting comics kind of late so i bought everything in TPB to catch up. but when i get my long boxes i want to have all the singles in there :hs: hope ebay has some good deals :x:

2. Jesterkiller

just made a list of the singles im hoping to get:

Ultimates 1 and 2
    Ultimate Spiderman
    Ultimate X-men
    Ultimate Fantastic Four
    New Avengers
    Punisher MAX
    Astonishing X-men
    Captain America (his latest series)
    Young Avengers
    Ultimate Nightmare
    Ultimate Secret
    House of M (just the main story)
    Phoenix End Song

i have a bunch of issues from a lot of those series. its just the series im gonna get the singles of for now :hs:

3. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

It just feels so gratifying to have the complete runs! I got into Batgirl around issue 50 and collected it for about 2 years and caught up with the trades, but I went and bought all the backissues anyway. Some of the more obscure comics I found hard to find on ebay, but Milehighcomics was there to finish it off! But yeah, soooo satisfying to have it ALL.

4. Bobbot

Ah, if you're going that route, I'd recommend hitting up a shop instead of p2p transactions; you'll save more on shipping in the long run, and the prices for individual issues are more than any given lot's worth. The Ultimate stuff will get expensive. House of M, maybe expensive, but I don't think too much. New Avengers should be easy since it's popular and therefore ordered in large quantities.

5. Jesterkiller

i was gonna see if i could get a huge lot. maybe a bunch from each series. then fill in the gaps with the issues from my local comic shop. or ill ask the shop next time i go if he could hook me up with a good deal :x: cause i spend a lot of money in there each time i go :hsd:

6. Jesterkiller

im gonna need to get some boxes soon so i midas well fill em up with complete run of singles :)

7. void

void oh yeah?

i hate trades...the only ones i own are arcs i like to read, but don't want to waste my time/money tracking down the singles. like the dark knight returns and wolverine origins.

actually, i've tracked down most of origins...and i kinda want to find the frank miller run :o

i guess i just wanted to read it, i really don't like buying them though

8. Jesterkiller

i love trades. best and cheapest way to catch up on stuff. plus they look good on a shelf :bowdown:

9. Bobbot

Really think they're cheaper? I thought they run at about the same as the cover price of the comics; a general trade runs about $18 and contains 6 issues; that's $3/issue, which is cover price. Granted, some are a little different, but that's what the average was in my experience.

10. Jesterkiller

yea its about average. with some being a little cheaper. i got all my ult spidey ones from Icecleric before he passed RIP :( i got all my ult x-men from books-a-million and saved 10% because im a member

11. Jesterkiller

plus if there is an issue that is over regular price the trade isnt more expensive due to one issue :hsd:

12. void

void oh yeah?

i was going to get the hardcovers for ultimate x-men, then i just said fuck it and decided to get all the singles.

i paid $18 for 1-9, $22 for 13-33, $10 for 36-49 and the rest at cover (some $2.25 some, $2.99). but i still didn't reallly spend more then $100. i figured i'd spend way more then that.

13. Jesterkiller

good job :) im hoping ill have good luck when i start getting a lot of the singles

14. Bobbot

Oh, I just remembered...before I stopped buying trades in general, I discovered that they are below cover on Amazon, and if you get more than $25, you get free shipping too. That was going to be my source, but I decided to stop altogether.

15. void

void oh yeah?

and the only collected stuff i'd buy would be one of those essential spider-man or x-men books...like a massive coffee table book. the reason i don't is because my pad is too small for a coffee table. :o

well, i almost take that back...that massive ultimates hardcover looks fuckin great :cool:

16. Jesterkiller

best place to buy the singles from? been browsing ebay was wondering if there was another alternative

17. Bobbot

www.milehighcomics.com if you are going to get a bunch at once; they do excellent packing jobs (more than I wanted, actually, ergo excellent) and the prices are very very reasonable and surprisingly low. If you get a bunch at one time, they ship them in one package, saving tons of money and ensuring safety in numbers.