MIL I just emailed my units C.O. to ask if I should comission. :naughty:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fearan, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Anyways, I'm a Cpl and work a lot with the C.O. of the unit (newsletter, website) so hopefully he won't mind giving me his opinion on if comissioning is the right choice, and if I have any chance.
    :x:

Infantry officer ftw? Was trying for the intelligence branch, but that's a no-go for someone who hasn't completed their college degree yet (I'm in the process).

Thoughts? :hsugh:

2. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

He probably will say no, at least until you spell commission correct.

3. eter

eter New Member

my buddy got accepted as ROTP Int officer, entering the 2nd year of his degree in poli sci. it had been a few years since they had taken anyone in as int officer through ROTP, and he didnt even get land, he got AF int, which is probably not nearly as interesting. I hear most int officers are transfers from combar arms, so I guess your best chance would be going up as infantry officer anyway.

ive said it before but you should seriously consider going rotp ... you'd be making crazy money. there is a rule in the CF that says your salary can never go down, so for the rest of your degree, you'd be earning some 3k$+ monthly since you have some years in the reserves, and not do any work at all except for courses during the summer.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  4. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Hopefully he won't notice the missing m. :x:

5. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Meh, I don't want to owe the army 4-5 years when I'm done. Right now I'm getting 2k/year for tuition, making 11+ grand in the summer, and about 700 month for 2-3 weekends a month.

Honestly the freedom to quit when I feel is worth more than any amount of money. Decide how many tours I wanna do, then call it quits.