SRS I just don't know....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Handsom3, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Handsom3

Handsom3 Our wrongs remain unrectified and our souls won't

Please bare with me as this may not make sense to everyone, but I need to gather some thoughts and opinions of others.

For the last two years I've been dating someone and we made lots of plans together. I'm originally from Saint Louis, but moved to where I currently am in Chicago for school. I planned on staying here with her even after graduating so she could finish school. Then we'd figure out if we wanted to stay here or move to Saint Louis. Well I found out that she had been texting some other guy at work that while she was with me she thought of him. Needless to say I'm done with her and closed that chapter thanks to iwishyouwerebeer.

However, there is a huge hole in my life now and I really have nothing stable left where I am. My best friend/roommate has been living back home in Saint Louis for quite a bit, but plans on coming back to Chicago in October. Our apartment currently doesn't have a lease and in my mind I don't see him coming back ever. So this basically means I could pack up everything I own and move once I'm done with school.

In Chicago I have some good friends, but lost a few to them knowing what my girlfriend was doing but didn't care to tell me. I was planning on going into corporate where I work right now, but this makes it difficult seeing as I would have to work with these people and possibly my ex. So I need to find a job, but for the first time in my life I don't really know what to do and I graduate college in less then 2 months and time is ticking.

Right now my choices are find a job in Chicago or move back to Saint Louis and deal with everything there. I was offered a job that would require up to 40% travel, but I don't know if I could do this right now. I don't know if this has happened to people before, but I'm sure it has. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for me. Sorry I know it is a crazy wall of text, but it helped to type all this shit out.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:hug: You have to have faith in yourself and that your situation will get better. But a better life wont fall in your lap, you have to work for it. That is why life is so rewarding when you do the work.

First, you need to find a new job.

Once you do that you need to focus on school while also finding some new friends. Join some clubs in your university, go to some hangouts, whatever. Chicago is a ridiculously cool city with millions of people and things to do and try.

3. Handsom3

Handsom3 Our wrongs remain unrectified and our souls won't

That just it, I have less then 7 weeks of school left and by the time I put in two weeks notice and then start another job I may only be there for 4-5 weeks depending. If I had longer I know that I'd of had a new job by now.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yeah I understand a little more now. Well your real choice I guess lies in the answer of "where do you really want to live?"

You could move back home and know your friends and family and possibly stay with any of them until you find a job there.....or you could really push yourself to not only find a new job in Chicago but force yourself to meet people there otherwise you will be miserable, you know?

BTW, there is no shame (IMO) in going home. I did it and it was the best decision I ever made.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

It might be a good idea to move back to Saint-Louis, because sometimes in order to progress in life you have to take 2 steps backward in order to make 1 step forward. I mean you have your family there most likely, and that degree you earned in Chicago will most certainly count in Saint-Louis. From there you could make new plans for your future,find a job and enter into a new relationship.