SRS I just don't care anymore.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Durka Durka, May 23, 2007.

1. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

i'm sitting here at 8am, on what i think is a wednesday but i'm not quite sure because i just don't give a shit. i haven't had a job in 5 months, i basically just sit around all day doing fuck all, chain smoking and doing dick on the internet. i just realised that i've been sitting here for 3 hours since it was dark out watching top gear videos on youtube of cars which i will never be able to afford, apart from that one where clarkson road tested a volvo he bought for one pound. i haven't had a shower since monday morning and to be honest i just don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

i have no drive to do anything. yeah, go get a job, go work out, go make something to eat, go take a shit, whatever. all of it seems unimportant and yet i'm bored all the time. i mean yeah a couple times a week i go hang out with friends but that's about it. if it isn't that i'm sitting on the internet being stupid posting on forums, listening to music and reading about cars or watching videos about cars or pretty much anything to do with cars. it's shit and i just don't know how to get out of it. everything just seems so pointless.

ok so, i get a job, i get a car, i get a place. then what? i jerk off? i jerk off now and that's free and takes less effort. future security? i smoke a pack and a half a day so i'll probably get cancer by the time i'm 30 and that won't matter anymore either. maybe i'm anhedonic, or maybe i've actually realised that life is pointless and that nothing i ever do in this world will matter worth a fuck, so i guess i'll just sit here have another smoke and think about having a shower for longer than it will actually take me to have a shower. monologue over.

2. IHAVECRABS

IHAVECRABS Diversity is our strength. LOLOL

whoa dude. how do you pay the bills without a job? or are you in high school?

3. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

i'm 19, i live with my parents, so for now i have that buffer. i get money from unemployment which isn't much but i contribute. the only personal bills i have are my cell phone and credit card, which isn't much. i don't have a car or anything and i don't have to pay rent so i'm travelling pretty light.

4. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

Lets put it a kinda harsh way. Go throw away the smokes, get off your ass and do something for once. Sitting here feeling sorry for yourself and saying you just dont care anymore obviously hasn't done anything. Whether you like it or not your gonna have to get a job. You can't live off your parents all your life. If I were them and you continued to do this by the time you were 20, i would kick you out whether you had a job or not. Go out find some minimum wage job at burger king. It won't be hard because its almost summer and jobs are opening up everywhere. Save up some money, buy a car, or get a cheap ass apartment somewhere. I hear about so many people just ending up like this that its pathetic. Get yourself a job. Your not going to live off of unemployment money. Or another idea is stop posting so much on OT and instead do something useful. You seem to like cars, go get a job in a shop. Or go to some school to learn about them if you don't already know how to fix them. Start something. Damn.

5. IHAVECRABS

yea, you definitely you need to get a job. Without money, you have nothing, including no chicks.

Really, when you get a decent job a lot of other stuff falls into place (hopefully). You will want to look good, so youll take care of yourself more. If you dont take care of yourself, you wont get any chicks either.

If i didnt have a full time job, i know i would go fucking crazy, because i wouldnt know what to do with myself. Even as it is, whenever i have off of work, im bored. work keeps me occupied.

6. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

good advice, but you've kind of missed the point entirely.

7. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

yeah, but that's the problem. i don't care if i get chicks or not. i don't have any sex drive anymore, i don't trust people in general at all especially women. it's just made me really apathetic about life. other than the obvious, i really don't expect to find any solutions to my problems with trusting other people in this thread. this was basically a rant.

8. IHAVECRABS

oh, i see. have you ever held a job?

9. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

i mean, i know how i could change my life situation easily. that's not a problem, i don't need a bunch of people telling me to get a job when i know i need to get one.

my problem is seeing the point in any of it in general.

10. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

yeah, irrelevant to this though. :)

11. IHAVECRABS

damn, ive never heard that before.

Isnt there something you can do? join the military? take a trip or something with friends?

12. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

temporary solution for a permanent problem.

i really wish somebody would argue me and tell me i'm wrong because from my perspective my life is pretty much fucked.

it has nothing to do with money or things or having a job, that shit doesn't make me happy and it never has. i don't even know why i feel this way, i just know that i feel like there's really no point to anything. on a similar note, i kind of consider humans to be a virus in the universe. we're pretty much locusts from my perspective.

13. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

you jaded?

14. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

cheer up emo kid. You could be obese and bedbound. There are always worse situations. Maybe you need an anti depressant.

15. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

No, there isn't any ultimate purpose to life. But that is fucking AWESOME dude. That is fucking FREEDOM man, EMBRACE it.

That means that your entire life can be spent pursuing your own happiness, however you find it, with no concern for any ultimate or higher purpose. That the universe is meaningless is AWESOME, not something to be DEPRESSED about.

16. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

tried that makes my dick soft which doesn't help with the depression thing.

anyway jkidd is right who gives a fuck

17. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Hm... I guess I'll say it. You see that life is fucked from your own prespective. This needs to be changed. You have no passion in life. See, most people have some sort of passion that they enjoy a lot where by doing it they don't keep track of time..

What you need to find out is what it is you like so much. I can see already that it's cars. I can relate because I love cars myself, in fact I do not remember not loving cars, ever since I was born.. So I suppose if there were no cars I would probably be in the same situation as you.

Do you go to school? Is there a subject that you enjoy? Perhaps you can pick a college/university program that you can apply your love of cars to, if you love hands on stuff be a mechanic, if you love selling work in a car dealer, if you like business or marketing you can also try landing a job here. (Toronto is great for that, there are lots of Canadian car manufacturer head offices in the GTA or within reasonable distance)..

I decided to get into architecture (1 year until I graduate) simply because I always wanted to be a car designer but high competitiveness of the field made me look elsewhere. I still love it but cars are always gonna be a big hobby of mine in this life...And I can see they will be in your life too.

18. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

So what are you looking for? The meaning of life? Something to give you purpose? No one here can give that to you.

In my life, I decided I wanted to have a lot of fun. I want to go out, see things, hang out with friends, go to the Lake, swin, flirt with girls, and whatever else came to my fancy. I just want to have fun, and I can't do that sitting on my butt. To do the things I want to do I have to work. So I work, I found an easy job that pays well (Mortgage sales) and I take off when I can, and do the things I want. I just want to enjoy life.

I don't know what you want but based upon what you've said you don't want what you have now. So in order to change you life you have to DO SOMETHING. Only you can fix your situation, by going to school, getting a good job, pikcing up a hobby to make new friends, etc. You cannot complain about your life when you do nothing to change it.

19. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

yeah, sounds good. cars have always been my main focus in life. ultimately what i want is to just find someone i like, build a life and have fun. i guess sometimes it just seems so unlikely that i get depressed about it and start looking for weird answers.

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Don't wait until you find someone that you like to have fun. Don't attribute your happiness to other people or someone else. Find what makes you happy and have fun and then if you find some awesome person who wants to spend time with you, then that's even more awesome.

But for some reason most chicks wants a motivated guy with aspirations and goals, so if your longterm goal is to "find someone you like," you might want to start bettering yourself in the meantime.

21. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

If you are incapable of being happy when you're single then you're in no shape to find a partner.

The people who think they need a girlfriend in order to be happy are horribly mistaken. Besides the fact that happiness comes from within, the person is in no situation to keep someone interested in them if they have this mentality, because it's childlike and reaks of desperation. The girl would either leave and/or cheat even if they managed to get one.

Before you can have a healthy relationship with someone else you have to have a healthy relationship with yourself.

22. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

This is a great thread actually because i've been in a simular slump in a period of my life. The answer comes in a form of a question.

Do you want to live like a pig for the rest of your life?

There are only three directions in life, down where death lies, stay where you are and go in circles, or up where an improved life lies ahead, the first 2 are worthless and lead to nowhere, this is important because it means you can set the course of your life, to the only direction that is valuable ,namely upwards towards into progress. It doesn't matter from there on wether you win or lose in life, you simply keep on following the positive course, that way you can ALWAYS be confident no matter what happens, because you know that going for gold in your life is the only right way to live.

Doing nothing results in nothing, its pointless to have no point in your life. You are the one who sets the course.

As with everything in life, it's the taking part that matters.
    Life Is more of a test to challenge your abilities... set a goal and see if you can achieve it. don’t get bored and be too stubborn when it comes to achieving goals you set for yourself.

Enjoy and have fun mainly in the constructive things you do. Set challenges for yourself and test your limits. It might even relax you.

All in all you are the one who has to give more meaning to your meaningless life.And when it comes to life, you either let it rot. Or let it live.

Its worthless to live a worthless life. Get a get up n go attitude and make something of your life.

23. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

yeah, i guess i do need to really start doing things. i just get so depressed so easily, it sucks. it's like a snowball effect.

the only way to get out of it is to do something, i guess i'm just going to have to suck it up and do whatever that may be.

24. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

you should get a job with a car dealership. wait listen!

get snazzed up and go in there and tell them you want to work in their 'INTERNET SALES' division. profess your profound love for cars as well as your in depth knowledge of them too. bonus points because you know how to work the internet like the back of your hand.

remember to smile, look into eyes when shaking hands, and fucking FAKE that you give a shit.

here's where it gets cool...

do this CRAP JOB for ~6 months and do it good. then from there go after these specialized used automotive shops that sell higher end shit like porsche's, bmw's, mercedes, and etc... tell them you want to take part in THEIR 'internet sales' division. you'll be around some BADASS cars all day long.

what are your thoughts?

:dunno:

25. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

btw, here's an example of one of those specialized used automotive dealerships i'm talking about.

i'd bet my bottom dollar they have 1-3 peeps working specifically on maintaining, updating, etc their online inventories.

here's their ebay inventory: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ200QQsassZy2kQ2dusa

Expo Motocars in Houston, TX