i just discovered some ancient home theater relics

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

whilst cleaning out a bunch of old pack ratted shit at my house

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pay no mind to my sausage fingers, lol

2. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic One Nation Under A Groove

Those are not home theatre relics. The concept of home theatre didn't exist when those were made.

3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

o fucking really genius? i thought everyone back in the day of wooden tv cases had 7.1 THX surround sound! i suppose using words like "ancient" and "relics" did not make things clear enough for you.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/metaphor, perhaps you should study the english language and learn that words do not always lead to only the first literal conclusion

diaf

every thread you post in you just make smart ass useless comments, you are more useful dead than alive, you wont be missed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

bwaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh

5. TFunkadelic

What you posted isn't a metaphor at all. The link you provided had some pretty good examples of metaphors though.

6. Create

Create :free at last:

Thanks for your contribution.

7. Create

Create :free at last:

Was Realistic a respected brand back in the day? I've seen several products by them in storage at my parents' when I was rooting around recently.

8. TFunkadelic

Typical run of the mill stuff, nothing special.

9. Ronin

Ronin Guest

"a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance"

10. TFunkadelic

Yes, that is a definition of metaphor, but what you posted didn't compare one thing to another, and suggested no resemblance (because there is none to be suggested in this case). Metaphors are used to illustrate and describe things by comparing them to others (without the use of like or as, of course).

You're probably familiar with this example: "I had fallen through the trap door of depression."

Compare this sentence to "I just discovered some ancient home theatre relics."

In the first sentence "trap door" is used as a METAPHOR to relate suddenly falling into depression with falling in to an unforeseen trap.

You used "ancient" and "relic" as ADJECTIVES to describe the old tubes you found, not to relate them to anything else, thus there is no metaphor at work.

11. Ronin

Ronin Guest

its not the words themselves, its the ideas that lay behind them. You should also know, since you are a know it all cock sucking homo, that there are 10+ types/forms of metaphor. So, perhaps you should study these: submerged metaphor, synechdochic metaphor.

i will stake my writing abilities over your monotonist mind any day.

If you possesed a mind that was capable of any form of imaginiative processes you would see that home theater isnt a literal statement and that ancient relics are a metaphor leading the thought process like so: ancient relics > before modern day civilization > incredibly old > readers idea of things from this time area applied to target of metaphor. Not only does this style of metaphor provoke ideas but their primary use is for imagery.

now hurry up and die already

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
  12. TFunkadelic

:rolleyes:

13. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

this is gay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.