SRS I just did something extremely stupid

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wtfmates, Feb 18, 2005.

1. wtfmates

wtfmates New Member

... and I don't know why.

I was hanging out with the few friends that I have. We got into a stupid little play fight. We were screwing around and having fun. Well, after a while he went in my room and locked me out of it. I heard my other friend in there telling him not to lock me out because I will break it down. He was right. My friend didn't listen. He keeps me locked out of the room.

I pound on the door and he doesn't let me in. I pound and pound and pound, till it is on the of breaking. He finally opens it a bit, holding it still from inside and says "Quit being a bitch.". I got mad. Really mad. I screamed and yelled. All he says is "You just spit all over me" and looks at me with this gay eyes. I go crazy and actually spit on him. Right on his face. I have good aim.

And then I can't bring myself to apologize. I just say fuck it and let them walk off. I have too much pride or something. I hate myself.

I don't know why I get so mad. It is a problem I have. I get mad for no reason at all. I scream and yell at my friends and they just take the abuse all the time. IT's just that they know my anger problems. Why don't they take it easy around me and try not to piss me off? They don't. And when I get mad they just antagonize me more. It pisses me off even more.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Thanks for taking the time to read.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Call and apologize. Buy him dinner/beer.

3. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

Seriously, call him and apologize and just tell him that you snapped and have no idea why.

4. Nihilist

Nihilist Guest

Diplo Y? :dunno: Some people just are more aggressive I guess. You could probably get anger management terapy if you feel that it's really bad, but it doesn't seem necessary.

5. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Man you take life way to seriously.

Tell them you got way to pissed off and you don't know why. It was stupid and you are sorry ya did it.

Be humble. Pride = tearing you away from your few friends? Fuck pride man.

6. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Yeah you could apologize, they can too. They put you in this situation to take you over the top. If they are friends, they shouldn't take you there. (Tell them no to do it again.)

7. johan

johan Active Member

You should apologize. Do whatever action feels appropriate to your group, whether that's dinner, or a flat of beer or something like that.

And then, look into anger management.

And lastly, look into some new friends. I don't know how chummy you guys really are but I'd think it's odd for someone to go into MY room and lock me out.

If the lock on your door is the bathroom door "twist-to-lock" variety, there should be a little hole on the outside knob. Stick something in there, and a spring loaded catch will unlock the door. Check your doorknob out, most people don't keep deadbolt locks on their inside doors...

8. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Ring him and apologise for spitting on him, but that the anger behind it is still there because he was acting like a cock

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

HOly flip, well that's quite some anger you got there. You know just keep saying to yourself ' what does it matter on eternity? ' or what significance it has compared to the vastness of the universe? , i usually say that to myself when something happens, and i come to think that it all doesn't really matter all that much anyway, so why worry? Or why get angry? It's something you need to practise,

For instance, the remote controll brakes. Well, you could get all angry, but you could also say to yourself ' well, t.v isn't that great nowadays anyway,i'll just go outside or watch tv upstairs' , what you do is just find a replacement on what to focus on.

Staying out of trouble is at least so important. And understanding that anger is the wrong key to open the door into becoming calm is essential.

10. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

I think my first question would be how old are you and your friends...I just don't understand why one would lock you out of your own room then call you a bitch for getting upset (not to say that this is justification of your spitting on him) but it isn't a mature act and your friend should have known better as well. Its called antagonizing, it just doesn't make sense. Let your friend cool off and explain to him that it shouldn't have gone as far as it did. Maybe have the other people that were there talk to him, seeing as how they knew how you would react to that particular situation. Good luck.

11. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It's good that they antagonize you, because you need to learn how to get over this problem of yours. This will not stop on its own. Don't you want to be the best person that you can be? I used to have a major anger problem as well. Meditation helped, but what helped the most was realizing I had a problem and actually making an effort to control it. You know you have a problem. That's good. Pride can be conquered with better foresight. Years from now you'll have a different view on this incident where you don't blame your friends. Instead you'll miss them and realize how rediculous it was to act that way. It can take years or worse you may never overcome it, but it's all up to you.