WEB I just did my first "blackhat seo" thing.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by macistaniMac, Apr 26, 2008.

1. macistaniMac

macistaniMac New Member

Its probably not really black hat, more like "light gray." I spent about 5 minutes creating an intentionally insecure php script for other black-hatters to get free links from. It accepts keyword and url arguements, then generates a page with that info surrounded in H1 tags.

Pointless? yep.
    Probably going to get banned? Who knows.
    First time I've ever done a non-enterprise webdev job? Fer shure.

Just remember, if you use your credit card in the south east, it probably goes through code I've written. This website is a sample of my coding ability. ;)

http://www.searchBanana.com

If it actually starts getting used, I might start recording what urls and keywords it gets fed and how frequently they're fed. Might mine some interesting analytics from it and get an idea of what's going on in the real blackhat world. (If I do get any good info from it, I'll post analysis here)

2. transistor

transistor Well-Known Member

i'm trying to understand why anyone would use that site...

3. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

good job trying to scam google for insurance adwords, but it shows you shitty ads for homestead site builder

4. macistaniMac

macistaniMac New Member

Basically, blackhats would exploit it to inflate their linkbacks. The keyword density changes based on the arguements you show it, so if you feed it "Weight Loss" it will display weight loss ads.

Nutshell, blackhats link to it in order to inflate their SEO by getting a crazy-high powered link (H1 on a dense page with their keywords of choice). People would probably never see the page since they wouldn't follow the link, but it would still allow me to do keyword analysis (by tracking what the blackhat's feed it) and see what's popular in the BH-realm (and thus what sites I should fully develop because they're in demand).

5. macistaniMac

macistaniMac New Member

6. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

That sounds 100% black to me :hsugh:

blacker than the ace of spades

7. Supergeek

Supergeek New Member

I think it's brilliant.

The best methods to use for IM are not going to be posted or sold in a shitty $9 e-book. The best methods are hoarded secrets.

Using a honeypot to figure out those secrets is smart.

8. macistaniMac

macistaniMac New Member

I think I failed at life, or at least explaining this.

Blackhatters are all about getting links to increase their SEO. Some (most?) exploit stuff like the way searchBanana works in order to increase their linkbacks. (Hey, they can drop a line of code in wordpress and get a quality link back - value increased through their choice of keywords and h1 tags -- encourages them to link to it)

I expect very few people to "use" searchBanana as a search engine, most of the links it gets will come from blackhatters exploiting it in order to increase their own SEO.

The advantage comes a few months from now when I get to see what keywords are being targeted in real time and can decide what sites to build based on popularity and variation.

I *might* make a few adsense bucks but I doubt it. The primary goal of the site is "intel gathering" so I can develop sites that do provide value to users and make me
    money.

The search engine form stuff is an easy way to have "content" and get the users that actually click the link to somewhere of value in a reasonably quick manner.

9. wiredup

wiredup Guest

what what

10. David

David New Member

I don't get it. all it does it take me to google, with no ads anywhere.