SRS I just came back from the first serious date in about a year. v.awesome

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sirc, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

It's been about a year since my ex broke up with me after cheating on me and was seeing someone else before she did that. It's taken me that long to get over her.

Then there is this girl who works across the street from where I work and when I first saw her, I was just astounded by how incredibly cute she was. I didn't have the balls to ask her out for about 2 weeks or so.

Then on tuesday, I was pretty sick, and I went to work after taking some tylenol and dayquil. I think it was the cocktail of disassociates that did it, but I asked her out and she agreed.

This girl is great and amazing. She is cutehot as hell and just as dorky and nerdy as I am. She nearly about creamed when I told her that I love Chuck. Because I can relate to him, what with being in an IT person and fighting ninjas and other people of various martial arts descent (seriously, I have been challenged and have had to fight ninjas.). I had to explain the ninja fighting thing to her and she loved it.

We went to dinner and watched sweeney todd and then hung out at a bookstore because she loves books. Halfway through sweeney todd, she started snuggling up to me and holding my hand and stuff. :hs:

I think she could be real girlfriend material. She's really modest but really witty and funny. She doesn't have any real esteem issues either. I mean, fuck she doesn't even have pictures of herself on myspace.

My biggest fear is scaring her off though. I don't know if she's ready for a relationship or not. But I can definitely see myself having one with her. She is great and is just as nerdy as I am. I'm pretty cynical and I try to find fault in everyone. The things I find faulty in her are pretty negligible and found in everyone so it's not really a big deal.

How do I not try to push a relationship really fast and not make her want to run away?

Cliffs: Met girl, turns out she's fucking awesome. Want to have relationship but not scare her away.

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

By not thinking about how you can scare a future girlfriend away, for example. Just live in the moment without thinking too much about the future. You barely know her but you have high expectations already. Maybe you can see during the next date if she's worth a third date and thus if you should/want to kiss her. Low expectations, baby steps, having fun now instead of thinking about what MIGHT be.

3. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:cool: congradulations

4. johan

johan Active Member

I'd say you're doing fine. Your intuition to take it slowly is a good one.
    Just keep on keeping on brother man.

Out of curiosity, just what are these minor faults you're seeing?

5. NiggaPHX420

NiggaPHX420 OT Supporter

Just move at a comfortable pace and dont be clingy :)

Congrats man.

6. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. Congrats and I agree. Just take the baby steps. Move from date to date and form the relationship. Take it day by day and see how things move along. Take your time, no need to rush.

7. nezfotnemom

nezfotnemom OT Supporter

Very nice dude! I had this girl that worked near me similar to your situation and I was a pussy and didnt talk to her. When I finally got the nuts to do it, I went in, only to find out she quit working there!

8. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

The minor faults I find in her is that she's a little nervous around my friends. But I guess anybody would be.

Her parents are divorced, I don't know how her dad is. She got really comfortable with me pretty quickly, but I can be a little charming sometimes.

She has had 2 ex boyfriends, both of them won't leave her alone. There are guys at work who tried to ask her out, but she denied them. I'm still prodding.

I think I am doing a decent job of making myself a prize. She mentioned she liked comic books and it took me a bit of prodding to find out how nerdy she was. She finally asked me if I liked them, and I laughed and said that I sort of liked them. And then she asked if I collected them and I told her about my $30,000 comic book collection.

She just about creamed. She wants to see it, but I told her that I'd only let her into my chamber of secrets if she earned it.

9. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Well one guy is because she didn't have interest in him, but he won't move on.

The other guy is some other guy who works next door to her. He had his creepy friends ask her out for him. He keeps trying though.

10. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Sounds to me like this would be your rebound girl. You haven't done anything with anyone else since your breakup so naturally you will become very attached to the first girl who you have mutual interest with. Take things slow, go on dates with other women too. Don't jump right into another relationship without taking the time to date again and see what's out there.

11. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I've had a bunch of rebound girls in the past year. Some I've thought I wanted something. But mostly just too blind to see that I was just angry.

12. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

This girl keeps getting cooler and cooler as the days go on. Seriously.