GUN I just bought a Kobra red dot for my AK-47

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sorny, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Sorny

Sorny New Member

[​IMG]
    Can't wait to get it... supposedly the best Russian red dot available. Best part is I didn't want to mount a red dot that would be a pain to remove because I still want to practice shooting with iron sights and it not be a hassle removing the red dot all the time. Paid $200 and it was very lightly used and comes in the original box with all the papers and stuff. I also just ordered 15 more boxes of ammo because I know I'll be shooting a bunch when I mount this thing. Can't wait.

2. Sorny

Sorny New Member

Yup, found it on gunbroker... I've been on a search for them and realized that just a couple of years ago you could find them for $150 or so new and now it's $325-450 new if you can even find them. This guy had just started the auction yesterday I think and had a $150 opening bid and $200 buy it now so I said screw it I'm doing BIN because the last one I found on gunbroker started out at $149 but ended at like $375.

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

What's the return-to-zero capability on those side mounts?

4. Sorny

Sorny New Member

Supposedly it's perfect. I read that you can remove and reinstall it many many many times and shoot the hell out of it and it always returns to 0.

5. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

they're awesome, I have one on my AK.

everything on the sight is in russian, everything. It took me a while to figure out what was what on it it as far as getting it zero'd. I'm pretty sure theres english instructions on this site http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/index.html to make things go a little faster for you.

6. Sorny

Sorny New Member

Holy fuck I'm sad as hell.. I've waited the last four days on this sight and I wanted one SOOOOO fucking bad. I was glad I actually found one from a place I thought I could trust. It shows up today and I even leave for lunch early to go check it out. Well I kept thinking the dot/lens wasn't as clear as I expected and I noticed the there was sections that weren't painted completely (just brass/metal with some overspray on them). So I started googling chinese Kobra knock offs and found them... I'm 99% sure mine's chinese. It even came with a manual that said MADE BY ORACOM on the back and when I researched that I found ORACOM made the airsoft/chinese clones and could've bought one for $65... instead I just paid $221 FOR A FUCKING USED ONE.

I'm pissed and sad at the same time. I'm not too worried about getting my money back because the guy had good feedback and I don't think he sold it knowing it was a Chinese clone. If I didnt' get suspicious I would never EVER have known. But I really searched for like a month or two to find one at this price and I'll probably not see it again.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  7. UnaBomber

UnaBomber Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe OT Supporter

damn dude that fucking blows sorry to hear that. where did u buy it from?

8. Sorny

Sorny New Member

A private seller on gunbroker.com. He had 100% good feedback and he's already said he'll refund my money and he had no idea. Sucks really bad though because I don't want my money, I want a fucking real Kobra red dot :( It's not like I can just go to Wal*Mart and pick one up.

9. UnaBomber

UnaBomber Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe OT Supporter

yeah i understand dude that really sucks

10. Sorny

Sorny New Member

After having been SOOOOO CLOSE it makes me really really want one bad now. I thought that if I got a refund I'd just forget about it but its like I want it worse than ever now. Honestly the chinese was pretty impressive for a $65 Chinese copy. I mean if I didn't notice the odd paperwork and stuff I would've just thought this was real. I wonder how many people have Chinese Kobra's and have no idea and even talk about how great they are? It's pretty solid but I bet with a decent amount of shooting it'd fall part or not stay zero'd.

11. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

if it sounds to good to be true... :hs:

12. Sorny

Sorny New Member

Well it wasn't THAT good.. I mean it was $200+shipping for a lightly used one. That's about right if you don't take into consideration that its hard to find one. I wish I could just go to a reliable website and order one. After this happening I don't really trust any place, even if I don't think they'd screw me over on purpose -- it's very hard to tell a fake unless you know what you're looking for.

13. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

At least the seller is being honest and refunding you, it could have been worse. :hs:

14. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

try tantaloptics next time. I hear great stuff about them but their website is pretty shitty.

15. Sorny

Sorny New Member

I did and he said they were out of stock and didn't know of any time they'd be back in stock :(