I installed Leopard!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dmora, Jan 29, 2008.

1. dmora

dmora Guest

:eek5:

Where do i start!?

2. LifeBurnsFaster

LifeBurnsFaster New Member

I set up spaces for some of my applications first.

3. dmora

dmora Guest

i was curious about that.

I'm wondering how i can make it work for me. I'm a little lost as to what to do with it.

4. dmora

dmora Guest

Other thing i wanted to know about was changing the dock and folder icons. :sad2:

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

6. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Can't say I've really used Spaces much yet. Stacks are OK but a bit of a pain at the same time. Fucking Mail defaults to deleting POP emails after a week from the server even when you use Migration Assistant so I had thousands of work email deleted and had to have the hosting company restore them on the server.

7. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I don't use spaces either.

8. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Funny how Apple touted Spaces as something new and revolutionary yet it's been available in Linux and through 3rd party apps for years. Then again, they act as if they invent everything.

9. assclown

assclown Active Member

2D dock.

10. cftofu2k

cftofu2k OT Supporter

i do bulk photo processing/uploading so spaces has been nice to keep things organized. i also like the new preview, which has new editing features so you don't have to open photoshop all the time.

the ichat/photobooth background effects work like crap for me :o

the clip it feature for safari is not bad to save a web page spot, but i don't use dashboard that often

haven't set up time machine yet :noes: sounds like a waste of space

i've had it for about a week. might have missed some other stuff..
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/

11. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

a lot of "new" features in operating systems are things that have been done by 3rd party tools... but integrating them into the OS is still a nice thing.

12. dmora

dmora Guest

I made my dock nice and dark. :naughty:

Spaces would be cool if i could do different back ground images as well as 'spaces'.
    I'm still not sure what the hell to use it for aside from keeping my browster and mail app in different spaces to save real estate.

13. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Sure it is nice when it's included in the OS. The downside is when a small software company has created a great product and it's generating money for a programmer to survive on and then Apple comes along, steals the idea and renders the great 3rd party app useless.

14. I haven't used spaces much at all either. I am just enjoying not having countless conflicts, dll problems, and driver problems.

15. vansamirin

vansamirin Active Member

i really have learned to like stacks, spaces is the only new thing im not using at all

16. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

The biggest thing in Leopard that drives me NUTS is that folders don't retain their view attributes! If I set one folder to icon view and goto another folder that was previously set to list view, it will now be icon view too! WTF?! They are all set to retain attributes for that folder only but they don't! This happens on every Leopard system I've used but not on Tiger at all. Arrrrrrgggg!!!!