I hope it doesn't break in two weeks.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Loopy, May 20, 2003.

1. Loopy

Loopy What do you think happens when you get too far fro

2. surfzup2k

surfzup2k Guest

nakamichi = SQ masterpiece

3. Loopy

Holy shit, I called this one. Two weeks to the day and it is broken.

Over the last few days, it had been skipping more and more while driving. First, just harsher bumps, then less harsh bumps, then while driving over reflectors between lanes, today even on smooth roads. I can even make it skip while parked by knocking on the dash within 12 inches of the unit with less force than you would use knocking on a door.

It won't play for five minutes (even while parked and undisturbed) without skipping a few times. Sometimes it doesn't recover from the skips, just sits there trying to play the same half second over and over until I advace the track. Also today it started hanging while loading CDs on insertion. Have to eject and reinsert.

What a piece of shit. If you've ever considered Nakamichi, pass.

4. i thought nakamichi was sposed to be good stuff?

5. Loopy

It sounds good when it is working, but this unit seems to suffer from the same problems as many of their units have in recent years. I was hoping they had addressed and resolved all issues with this new product line.

6. pooshda

pooshda Guest

Their HT stuff is pretty great... aside from being extremely bland in design (which is good if you like subtle/oem look) im sure it delivers some rich quality sound... sucks it broke so quick, Ill stick with eclipse I guess :eek3: