GUN I heard a new rumor on ammo today.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PC Principle, Feb 23, 2009.

1. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (HTC PPC 6800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Alltel HTC PPC6800)

I heard a new one. Apparently congress passed a law that forces ammo manufacturers to use powder in their cartridges that becomes inert after 2 years. That way nobody can stockpile ammo. This is why ammo is in such short supply... because the companies are having to abide by this new law. :hsugh:

The guy I heard this from heard it from someone at Dick's.

2. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

And that is why he makes $6/hr

3. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (HTC PPC 6800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Alltel HTC PPC6800)

:rofl:

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Immense amounts of truth in that statement.

My buddy tried to get me to work with him there over Christmas break one year. Talked to the guys in the "lodge", and said fuck a whole buncha that. He took the job, but ended up getting pissed and quitting after like a week:rofl:

Shit's worse than Cabelas and Bass Pro.

5. CKMustangCobra

CKMustangCobra New Member

6. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

kind of difficult to imagine some chemical mechanism that's going to reliably render powder inert two years after being loaded. Odds are it would be all over the place in terms of when it went "stale," wouldn't uniformly "deactivate" (hello, squib round), or both.

7. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

I think lead free primers have this issue, the 5.7x28LF rounds are supposed to "die" after a few years of not being used. :dunno:

8. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I had a coupon for like $50 off of $300 or something so I tried to have them order me a CZ 452, they looked at me like I was retarded and told me "Well we can order it for you but we really can't say if we'll ever get it." I asked why they even had a special order catalog and the guy said he didn't really know. :ugh:

My friends GF ordered him a Benelli SBEII from Dick's, it took a month and a half to get it and when they finally did it was the wrong model :coolugh: