COMIC i havent read anything since Sinestro Corps ended

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by babygodzilla, Feb 5, 2008.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

is there anything worth reading that is uploaded onto ED?

2. void

void oh yeah?

y the last man, everything else has been pretty disappointing unless it's a favorite.

3. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

I've been in favour of the Trials of Shazam, which is awesome lately, albeit slightly late.

Then there's, of course, Captain America. The relaunch of The Darkness seems to be heading in a decent direction. As well as for the Witchblade.

Green Lantern is still going on and they're dealing with the after-effects now and the Alpha Lanterns are awesome.

4. Jayzian

Jayzian Get Head

Theres a new comic called Into The Horizon, i think, it has Horizon in the title at least. Its supposed to be a modern take on the greek epic The Odyssey. I'm 2 issues in and its pretty entertaining.

5. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

messiah complex ? :dunno:

6. void

void oh yeah?

fixed :hs:

7. Marc™

Marc™ New Member

Trials of Shazam takes too damn long.

8. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

alpha lanterns? whats that

9. Marc™

Marc™ New Member

pics of alpha lantern?

10. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Yeah, true. But it's still awesome whenever it actually arrives. TPB should be fucking good.

Well, didn't want to ruin it for you, but, okay here goes. Don't scroll down if you haven't seen the latest issue of GL...

[​IMG]

11. Marc™

Marc™ New Member

Manhunter lanterns :mamoru:

12. digimon001

digimon001 New Member

[​IMG]

:bowdown:

13. monkeyboy

monkeyboy Mr. Monkey Pants

Alpha Lanterns = teh suck. Someone's already done The Watchmen. ;)

14. digimon001

digimon001 New Member

Any body else noticed that the guardian that approach Ash to go find the Corpse of the anti monitor might be affect with the "black ring" ? I just noticed his eyes on the bottom of the page having the same symbol as the black ring.
    The ring:
    [​IMG]

His eyes:
    [​IMG]

I'm just wondering if this might turn into something major later on.
    any input ?

15. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

yeah, I definitely noticed it

16. gts24

gts24 hurfdurf OT Supporter

I subscribe to both GL and GL Corps. I love the current storyline and can't wait to see where its going, so I definitely hear ya....

With that in mind Kirkman sucked me in with both Invincible and Walking Dead. I read all the way from issue 1 to current on both titles in a matter of days.

I am also subscribed to The Circle from image... kinda has a 007 / Bourne feel to it, no super heroes just good ole storyline.

I'm thinking about reading through Countdown, but I'm kinda bothered by the fact that there seems to be an awful lot of tie-ins necessary to read. The thing I liked about 52 was that it stood alone pretty well, you could basically read 52 without having to go through elventy billion other books just to get the story.

I'm also thinking about reading through Y as that seems to have struck a chord with many.

17. Hiero

Hiero New Member

Gail Simone's recent work on Wonder Woman is something to behold and be amazed by.

18. Gauntlet04

Gauntlet04 The Light

Noticed it the first time I read the issue today. I was 7 weeks behind on comics (thus my lack of posting :mamoru: ) and just got caught up. I noticed the Black Ring logo in the Guardians eyes as soon as I read the comic first time through. There seemed to be a lot of times reading the latest two GL issues I felt were quasi-obvious setting up for Blackest Night already. The Guardian pictured above, the new Alpha Lantern Oath, and the way the Alpha Lanterns look. I have a feeling the Alpha Lanterns may lead towards further development of either the Black Ring Corps or mayhaps the Red Rings (but that's kind of stretching it) later. "In Days of Peace, In Nights of War, Obey the Laws Forever More, Misconduct Must Be Answered For, Swear Us The Chosen, The Alpha Corps!"

The Death of Amon Sur actually took me by surprise a little bit. I wasn't expecting him to go out so quickly. I figured he was either going to try and rally the Sinestro Corps or get involved with another Corps later down the road. I'm pretty sure this Trial of Laira will lead into other colored ring related events later.

Also, if you hadn't read it, Grant Morrison did an interview with newsarama last week. He said the GLC will be a vital vital vital portion of Final Crisis. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: