SRS I have two friends with serious gaming addictions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Dec 28, 2007.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

But heres the root of the problem - they wont admit to it. :hsugh: How am I suppose to help them if theyre unwillin to admit to the problem right?

They are on my xbox friends list, and they're always on - doesnt matter if its 2am on a friday, noon on a monday or 8pm on a sunday - the only times they are off is when they are sleeping. From what ive seen, they play at least 15hrs per day, every day of the week playing mainly 2 games on xbox. Sometimes upwards of 18-20hrs, for instance just over Xmas eve, Xmas day and the 26th...they were on for at least 20hrs each day...I dont even think they took a break throughout those 3 days. I guess xbox is more important than spending time with friends and family? :ugh:

They are pure online players, they got the hardcore team thing going on (forgot the name sorry) - I know a lot may think that they pause the game at times throughout the day and that could explain why theyre always online, but not true...theyre always playing because whenever I log on or check my msgs you can tell...and theyre always in some online deathmatch. I mean Im not trying to be nosey or anything but I cant help but notice it thats all.

I feel sorry for them. I would never play for that long, I mean they play mainly 2 games and they can play either one for 12+ straight hours non stop. Even if I had the time to play games for that long, no way would I even choose to do so, I got better much more beneficial things to do with my time - like working out, playing sports, etc. I think i would want to kill myself if I became a total couch potato.

What would you say to these girls? Yes thats right they are girls, even more ironic huh? Girls playing xbox for 15-20hrs a day, everyday has got to be the most unheard of thing ever. They say they have an active social life, have bf's, go to school and work part time and play sports. Uhh I doubt that, pretty hard to be doing all that while playing a video game for 15 hours straight everyday :hsugh: I mean most people dont even work 15hrs a day, 7 days a week...and if they did, I can gaurentee it would be pretty darn tough to squeeze in school, sports and 15hrs of gaming into that schedule.

2. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

You can't help them until they realize they have a problem.

Much as you love your friends, you'll just have to sit back and wait until they hit rock bottom.

3. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Hmph.

I have a little bit (ok, a lot) of experience in this field.

I'm the CEO of Team vBi (www.team-vbi.net), we're a "Pro" Xbox360 Gaming team. When you say they're into the "hardcore team" stuff and what not, I can assure you, they're not. I've signed contracts with sponsors, interviewed by NBC, and done a whole ish of other things. Your buddies are just enjoying their video game time.

Chances are they live at home with little to no responsibilities, so playing video games is "ok" to them.

4. 2500

2500 Guest

haha, i read: "they're not as nerdy as me."

anyways, i agree with Metallic. Not your life. Let them know how you feel and leave it at that.

5. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. I also agree with Metallic. It's their life, not yours. If that's how they decide to spend their free time so be it. You can suggest that they try to lower their game-time a bit, but that's it. They will still choose to do what they want. You'll just have to wait it out til then.

6. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Haha, I'm probably the most oppositte you can be of the sterotypical "nerd". I'm pretty gangster. :mamoru:

7. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

your gangster; ok.

well what id do here is just ask them to do other activities. you can invite them along, but you cant make them go. if you give em a shot at it they might bite.

8. BlaXicaN

BlaXicaN OT Supporter

This day and age, all types of people play games. It's not your typical white, dorky looking nerdy kid with big glasses anymore. I've seen all types of people play. Because of that, I don't think hours of video games a day is out of the norm. It's a hobby like anything else.

So to be more clear, the issue is not video games. It's the addiction. If they neglect going to work, taking care of themselves, and eating then it is an issue. Neglecting people can be an issue but it really depends on the family itself. Maybe they don't celebrate Christmas that much.

9. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

It was sarcasm :wtc:

10. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

my good friend has a FFXI addiction.

smashy smashy and no pc for a month, and it was gone.

11. JakobwithaK

true

12. JakobwithaK

Ok I remembered, the word is "clan", yes theyre in clans. And theyre actually roomates, god knows how theyre able to pay rent.

13. nicklk

nicklk New Member

How old are they?

14. JakobwithaK

Good question - 21 and 24.

15. Bailey

Bailey OT Supporter

I have two friends with serious gaming addictions

Misleading thread title. They aren't your friends, you never even met them in real life, correct ?

Another question - if they were guys and not girls would you have even thought to make this thread ?

16. Bailey

Bailey OT Supporter

Your e-cock just got 2 inches bigger, congratulations. Thanks for your "experience."

17. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Just like any drug, gaming is probably one of the most wide-spread unrecognized addictions on earth thats holding many millions of people in its grip, but like any addiction its just a downward going spiral that's going to nowhere, you gain little to nothing while gaming, and that realisation can take a lifetime. The best thing you might be able to tell your friends is that they are wasting their lives away, then years later they might 'get' what you meant :hsugh:

18. JakobwithaK

One of them I know in person, used to hang out with her until she moved to the U.S - where shes currently rooming with the other girl. Shes hot as hell, and has a big chest. :naughty:

If they were guys, I wouldnt give a damn haha. I havent met her roommate, but from what my friend tells me she has a big rack too :naughty:

I just hate to see such hot girls with big racks not have a social life. :(

19. Cakayaka

Cakayaka New Member

20. Victoriono

Victoriono New Member