I have sound problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheShocker, Aug 16, 2004.

1. TheShocker

TheShocker New Member

This started the other day from what seems to be just out of the blue. I can't figure it out.

I burned a DivX movie with Nero to a CD and when I went to play it back, it only had some of the sound track. The video was perfect. But there was just music and some sound effects and the voices were so quiet I ccouldnt hear them unless I turned my speakers all the way up (which then causes the music and sound effects to be insanely loud).

The movie was "Elf" with Will Farrell, and there are very faint voices, but the music is there along with sound effects like the shower running in the scene where the girl is singing in the shower (can't hear her singing).

I know the file was good before I burned it to CD because I watched it and the audio was fine. This happens with any DivX movie I play now. I've tried at least 4 others with identical results. I updated my DivX codec which didnt fix the problem. I also upgraded Winamp. I have tried playing the files in Winamp and Windows Media Player and they both do the same thing. My music files (aac, ogg and mp3 files) are also missing parts of the audio (like the baseline, or the drumline, or the voice etc.).

My system is running Windows XP Pro w/SP1 (SP2 is NOT installed)

I'm pretty confused... any help would be great!!

Thanks! :wavey:

2. TheShocker

TheShocker New Member

anyone?

3. TheShocker

TheShocker New Member

4. TheShocker

TheShocker New Member

no one?