SRS I have some shitty friends..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Audtastic, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Audtastic

Audtastic New Member

The past couple of weeks basically ever since school started my friends that didn't go back have been acting really weird. Ignoring my calls/IMs/texts. I can't think of a single thing I've done to anyone.

My best friend just randomly stopped talking to me for the past few weeks, I see her last night for the first time outside of work(I got her a job where I work...see later) We went out to eat and her boyfriend came along. I mean I really wanted to talk to her and find out what I may have done that has made her just ex communicate me but no her boyfriend came with us. Which normally I wouldn't care because he is a nice guy but I wanted to talk to her and find out what her beef with me was. So we hung out and things were somewhat weird she acted fine when he was there and the second he left to go to the bathroom I get silent treatment. Then today I get to work after asking her if she was working tonight and talking about work the night before, my co-workers tell me that she just quit. Which makes me look like a douche canoe..

Then another friend calls me to tell me his birthday party is next friday....the same day mine is. We had talked about having a joint party together for a while but I haven't talked to him over the past couple of weeks. He's like I just wanted to call you to tell you my birthday party is next friday...I'm like uhh...:( cool...

I don't know this whole thing has made me feel like absolute shit. I really have no idea how to approach this situation...

Any advice would be awesome.

2. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Find some new friends.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well , searching for new friends would be normally good advice, but in this case something else is going on.

There might have been bad rumours going on behind your back, in general (maby) about your behaviour which has caused a certain amount of dislikement in you. They might not be enjoying your company for certain reasons. The only way to find out however is to directly ask them. Don't use phone anymore , walk straight towards one of them and ask them what the hell is wrong, and why your being put on ignore all this time. The best thing you can do is demanding some answers, or take someone in confidence who knows these people and let them ask what is wrong with you.

Here's what i would do, i would call the bf , tell him if he could ask her why you are being ignored, him being her bf she's more likely to open up what's 'wrong' with you. And why you are getting a silent treatment, same counts for your friends , i must warn you that you may not like the answer at all, so be prepared, but its better to know what it was about rather then being put in the corner of damnation the rest of the school year around. If you know whats wrong you might be able to solve it, that or search for new friends.

4. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Did you just graduate high school? Sounds like high school shit, fact is most of your friends you had in high school you won't remain friends with during/after college.

5. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

That isn't always the case, usually that is the age when you build meaningful group of friends. I know a guy (ex co-worker and friend I guess) who's entire group of friends like 50 are all highschool friends. They go out and all hang out together, they don't really include other people outside of it (I have been included though). Most of my friends are higschool friends too...

6. Audtastic

Audtastic New Member

I'm in my second year of college so I don't know it just gets me that I've known the girl since kindergarden and then out of nowhere she pulls shit like this....It just sucks that its one of my childhood friends

7. theReal2man

theReal2man New Member

dont worry laurens just a bitch :)

8. Audtastic

Audtastic New Member

haha thanks dave

9. Sh0t

Sh0t New Member

if your best friend is agirl and your a guy, don't be surprised

10. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

sounds like something happened. when you can ask them do this:
    1) tell them the facts of what you've noticed (no assumptions only facts)
    2) tell them how this seems to you.
    3) ask them if they have any thoughts.

11. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

You come across as a threat to your best friend who is the girl's boyfriend.. they are probably getting serious, no? My guess is shes never had a serious bf up until this point to start all the sudden just act as if you don't exist, giving the silent treatment.. weird. And let me guess, you've probably had a relationship in the past with her or you are interested in having something?

Now, your other friend who you wanted to have a joint party with.. you said its been two weeks since you talked to him, got a good question to ask, why has it been 2 weeks since YOU spoke to HIM? Do you just wait for HIM to call you? How come you're not making the same effort? Its a friendship, they work on a two way street, not one.. may be hes realizing that you don't put enough effort so hes not going to.

Something to ponder over before making assumptions.