i have some questions

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Letifo, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

I want a bike. I've wanted one for awhile, i just can't imagine anything matching the thrill of the speed, responsiveness and imtimacy with the road that you get from a bike. I dont have a bike, i've never driven a bike before, and i'm relatively poor (i have no job). That being said, i have a car, i'd be willing to get rid of my car and get a bike. I'm not sure how well that's work though, what do you do during winter? Also, can you carry stuff on sport bikes? If i drove it to somewhere where i needed to take something (like my calc book for college or somethin) is there somewhere i can put it?

Cliff notes: is it possible to have a sport bike as your only vehicle?

2. svtjesse

svtjesse Guest

You can fit whatever you can stuff into a book bag, or backpack, also some companies make saddle bags for sport bikes, also you can cheap out and get a bungie cord and a old milk crate and bungie it to the rear seat.

As for winter, my pops used to ride all the time in the winter, he jsut dressed warm, of course this is florida were talking about, so if you have snow in your area I dont know what to tell ya.

Hope this helps....

Jesse

3. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

I depends on your lifestyle, it may work. For me, owning a bike as my only mean of transportation is out of the question. My work place is about 25 miles away from my house, school is about 30 miles, it sucks riding in the rain, and extremely dangerous in the snow. You can save your money and get a decent used bike for about $1500. It's not going to be nice and shiny, but you will be riding. Gears will cost you a lot, about $200 for helmet, $200 for jacket, $50 for gloves. Then you have to have insurance. Your first step is to save whatever you have and take the MSF course. Slowly, buy the gears one by one, and then the bike. Good luck!

4. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

i thought about it. I think i'm too young. I won't be able to afford insurance, for a 17yo male driving a sport bike... it'd cost more than the bike probably. So what is a good age to get one?

5. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Then don't get a sport bike. :)

Get a GS500E. The first time you twist the throttle back you'll be thinking it's the fastest thing ever. Lots of fun and can teach you quite a bit about riding.