SRS I have some questions about Crystal Meth.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Layne Staley, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Hello everyone. I am a nurse in a cardiac intensive care unit, and I am at work right now. We currently have three patients on our unit that are Crystal Meth users and two are sufferering from cardiac related damage, and one had a significant head bleed (stroke).

We have never seen crystal meth users here in the unit before, and now we have three. I guess my questions are about anyone's personal experience with the drug. Is withdrawal a horrible experience and something we should be watching for in these patients?

Any insight and information would be appreciated. One of the patients also has "meth teeth" and it is pretty disturbing and painful to look at.

2. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

Hm. Odd place to be coming for questions like that seeing how you work in a hospital, but i would check out www.erowid.com for user reports and a ton of info as well as links to give you hours upon hours of reading material. There are also a few posts on the first page in this forum from meth users which should give you some insights. Theres a TON of info about meth of late in the mainstreem press as well

3. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

good call i love that website

4. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Yeah, I've been on erowid before reading about 5-neo-dipt or whatever its called.

Me working at a hospital means nothing by the way. Who am I gonna ask? Some 70 year old nurse that thinks smoking a cigarette makes you go to hell? (I live in the bible belt)

Asking questions about Crystal Meth to the doctors at the hospital would do raise quite a few eyebrows as well I'm sure.

I was looking for some info from the source...the users. So I guess i'll read up on erowid. Thanks.

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

"meth mouth"

yes, it is mostly the teeth, but meth mouth is snappier sounding. Disturbingly enough most people with meth mouth describe it as irritating, but not all that painful really...

6. BoredVersion

BoredVersion LOLTIDE

Well, if the patients do go into withdrawal, it's gonna be HELL.

7. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

It's a really good high. Kinda like coke, but more intense, longer lasting, and it's cheaper. The problem is when you start doing it on a daily basis instead of just on the weekends/special events, and you end up not being able to cope without it.

8. weaksoul

weaksoul New Member

website has good info!