SRS I have really disturbing dreams...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kamisama, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Kamisama

Kamisama Guest

I have a lot of dreams where I am violently killed or I see others getting violently killed. And there is a lot of dead bodies in my dreams.

It's fucking creepy and I don't know what to do :wtc:
  2. 2500

2500 Guest

well, death in dreams normally means life or change. are you moving, or going through a job change, or anything of that nature? if not, do you want to? if not, are you happy where you are in life?
  3. Kamisama

Kamisama Guest

Yeah I do want things to change, I'm not happy where I am in life :hsd:
  4. 2500

2500 Guest

well, thats what i would guess is goin on. in escense, "kill the you that you are now." the dead bodys are possibly the things your leaving behind. you being killed, is the OLD you, the you your not happy with. i'd go with the changes. :)
  5. DivineOmega

DivineOmega The Supreme Being

Jan 7, 2006
    I'd agree. You should (sorry to cliche) embrace the changes in your life. Remember: keeping the same is boring. Do something outside of your normal personality.

And don't worry about the dreams.
  6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oct 8, 2002
    No more bad movies for you, usually there are disturbing elements in your daily life that get processed as nightmares during the night which are causing your disturbance. If you find any violent source that you uptake during the day, try to cancel it out and see if the bad dreams stop, if they do then you know that that was the bad element you need to get out of your life.
  7. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Apr 24, 2005
    I know what you mean about the violent dreams- I've had them too, about 6/7 times a month for about 10 years. don't worry- you're not the only one who deals with things like this :)

Were you just really stressed out about something, or are you chronicly stressed? if you are, you're probably experiencing let down. let down effect has to do with how you handle an overly stressful event AFTER it's over. your body functions just fine durring a stressful event, then after, your immune system might get depressed and you'll be sick for weeks, or you have nightmares or insomnia. if you're chronically stressed about a situation, you might begin to feel the symptoms of let down before you have actually resolved the situation, but it may not effect you fully until after. your pattern of symptoms can also change with time, so you might have one stressful event and have bad insomnia, then the next time, not have insomnia but have a bad cold and nightmares.

try some relaxation techniques and make sure you're eating right and exercising a bit. if it doesn't get better after a few weeks- try talking to a counselor. If you talk some things out and get some clarity you might find yourself not having such violent dreams.

good luck! hope all goes well :)