SRS I have only missed 5 meetings since Sept 11 2004

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wayne and zeus, Mar 10, 2005.

1. wayne and zeus

wayne and zeus oh it will, won't it

3 were for work, 1 for a blizzard where they wouldn't let us use the space and 1 for a pipe burst in my apartment.

I am 100% NA. That's just for me. We are lucky to have tons of NA meetings in this area.

I'm going for 1000 meetings in a 1000 days.

Life is getting better everyday.

My problems used to involve maintaining a habit on a daily basis.

Now my problems are stuff like, "I have to move tommorrow to a much nicer apartment. The logistics are stressing me out" or "The girl I like is not as into me as I am into her". Those really are my "Problems" if you could call them that.

I suggest anyone who has a problem with drugs/alcohol seriously try 90 meeting in 90 days.

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Wow, great man! Yea the 90 in 90 is a pretty common recommendation. You're jumping head first into the program... 1000 in 1000 is a lofty goal but kinda cool :bigthumb:

By now I'm pretty sure you've got a firm idea of what the program is about and how it can help. After 90 in 90, its hard to be ignorant still :)

3. j.

j. Guest

holy cow! a thousand meeting in a thousand days. that's pretty bold. i hope you can do it. but remember... one day at a time. i'm aa, but i would imagine that that statement transfers over.
    90 in 90 helped me get a head full of aa and though i relapsed i knew where i had to go and what i had to do to stay sober. the thing i'm most grateful for in aa is that i can make mistakes and am not banned or something. that would suck.
    i must confess... my 90 in 90 wasn't exactly a meeting a day... sometimes i had to go to 3 on a sunday or something because i had school stuff during the week but i think it still applies.
    i'm glad i found this forum. this is pretty cool. i think it'll help me a lot in my recovery. props to those that started it.

4. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Good for you man. I too have found the more meetings I attend the better I feel about my life, and the smoother it operates in general. I'm about 85% NA, just because the NA fellowship is pretty small here, and there are things I can do in AA that NA doesn't offer in my area. 1000 meetings in 1000 days is quite the goal, make sure you fit in some time to work your steps ;) . Please keep posting in here, it's nice to have more people around who are all about the program.

5. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Good shit, glad to hear you are finding this forum useful. Welcome to OT J. Feel free to post your story in the My Story thread.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  6. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I agree... cool user name too

7. j.

j. Guest

i try and keep it real simple, y'know. :mamoru:

8. wayne and zeus

I went to a convention here in the New England region March 4,5 and 6th.

I was able to hear a little about Jimmy Kinnon and the" Hippies" who came over to NYC and NJ to get NA started.

A guy named Vito, who has 45 years in NA chaired the sat night meeting, and wow, what a crazy story he told about the roots of NA and his moving to California to work with the founders. Very interesting.

I am traveling to S. Fla on Friday and will get to go to his home group in Hollywood FL on Monday.

Eligh, are you located anywhere near the original NA meeting halls etc etc?

I am really lucky to have a job that ends at 5pm, so I can go to a meeting every single night. "Chase meetings like you chased the drugs".

Last night I sat in on a committment at a local treatment facitlity, and it was great. I just listened and heard my fellow group members give that clear cut consise message that the patients needed to hear. It can be done. We are doing it.

9. metoots13

metoots13 New Member

Glad to here you all are doing well. Up here in Washington we had a convention at Ocean Shores last weekend. Lots of good speakers. They got people from all over. Jimmy from New Jersey, a lady from Philly, Francis from Ireland, our very own Willie P. It was the bomb, and the weather was SUNNY! First time that ever happened at that convention. I was lucky enough to bring horses to the ocean and ride on the beach. That does not happen when I'm using. Some meetings have been reading the "We Do Recover" page. this is it -

We Do Recover
    When at the end of the road we find that we can no longer function as a human being, either with or without drugs, we all face the same dilemma. What is there left to do? There seems to be this alternative: either go on as best we can to the bitter ends—jails, institutions or death—or find a new way to live. In years gone by, very few addicts ever had this last choice. Those who are addicted today are more fortunate. For the first time in man’s entire history, a simple way has been proving itself in the lives of many addicts. It is available to us all. This is a simple spiritual—not religious—program, known as Narcotics Anonymous.​
    YAY​

10. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

No, actually I live in Santa Barbara. I haven't had a chance to make it down to SoCal to attend any meetings. I hope to move somewhere near there sometime after I finish college. I hear the meetings are very good in the orange county area, I hope to live there for a few years and absorb some of the recovery. NA is pretty small in Santa Barbara.

11. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

We should make a trip to Van Nuys sometime.

12. wayne and zeus

So I went to Florida March 18-22 and went to a sat night meeting at the Miami Convention. It was great. I also went to the Monday night meeting in Hollywood FL. There was a guy from Providence there who I recognized and spoke with. That was nice.

I love NA.

Hopefully I can get to Hawaii for the world convention.