GUN I have no remorse now for killin a man

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 22, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

glad this guys in Tx cause he'de probably be in front ofgrand jury in NY
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3734468.html
    'I ... have no remorse now for killing a man'

Bill Harvey can't explain why he's alive to tell how he wrestled a gun from a robber, shot the man and then survived a barrage of bullets from the suspect's three accomplices.

The violent scene unfolded about 6 p.m. Saturday inside Harvey's west Houston home in the 2200 block of Woodland Park Drive while his wife and five children watched.

"I don't know what to think," Harvey, 34, said Sunday. "I absolutely have no remorse now for killing a man, and I'm trying to figure out if that's right or wrong."

Police said Harvey would not face criminal charges. He was shot in the neck, side and lower back. The wound to his neck barely missed his carotid artery.

The name of the intruder Harvey shot has not been confirmed. He wasn't carrying any identification but investigators said they found an electronic hotel door key in his pocket.

"We're trying to see who he might have been with," said Houston Police Sgt. J.T. Wyers.

Harvey gave this account of the night of the gunfight:

The men showed up at his house posing as customers to the family's shipping business, which transports goods to Honduras. Hondurans living in Houston often use the service to send goods back to family and friends, Harvey said.

Demanded money -

Before the men arrived at his home, someone called Harvey to ask if he had any shipping boxes. Though an unusual request on a Saturday, Harvey told the caller he had some at his home.

Four Spanish-speaking men seeking boxes arrived outside Harvey's home about 15 minutes later. While showing the men boxes in his garage, they pulled out guns and ordered Harvey and his wife to give them money. Inside, the men rounded up the couple's five children in the living room and stood guard over them.

The men repeatedly pointed their weapons at the heads of family members as they demanded money. One man vaguely threatened Harvey by telling him not to worry because he would be sleeping after they left.

"I knew he was going to kill me," Harvey said.

As one man stood guard over Harvey in the kitchen, another took his wife into another room to seek her jewelry.

"After they took my wife I knew I had to do something," he said. "I felt I had to react."

He wrestled the gun out of his captor's hands then shot him dead before the other three men ran back toward the kitchen. A shootout followed as the men fired their weapons at Harvey. He was struck three times as he returned fire until emptying the gun in his hand. His wife and children were unharmed.

"They came out spraying bullets at me," he said. "I wasn't trying to dodge the bullets. I was walking right up to the men to shoot them because I thought I was gonna be killed."

Description of car -

After Harvey left the hospital Sunday, he and his family returned home to gather some belongings before spending the night with family members. Crime scene investigators marked 21 bullet holes and casings.

"It was a miracle to walk in that house and see all those bullets," Harvey said. "I don't know how my family wasn't grazed and I didn't get hit more than three times."

Police believe at least one of the other men was shot before they fled the home in a late-model gray or silver Honda Accord with temporary license plates.

Harvey's wife later told police she thought the intruders might be from Honduras. "They all spoke Spanish — she thought it was a Honduran accent," Wyers said.

Although the investigation into the armed robbery is continuing, Wyers said police believe Harvey's account.

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

3. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

:bowdown:

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

:bowdown:

God Bless Texas

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

That guys is a bad ass. Too bad he got shot up though.

6. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

At least he lived. Why? Because he wasn't a compliant victim. It's just a shame he didn't have a gun on him when they showed up.

7. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

holy shit, what a scary fucking situation

8. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Good for him.

That being said... I don't find much tactically right about that situation... If he had any training what so ever, he probably could have taken out a couple more of the attackers, and not gotten hit(as many times atleast) but hey, he lived, his family is OK...

9. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

he didnt even use his own gun, his used the criminals.

10. CString

CString New Member

like a scene from a movie...he started walking towards them shooting :bowdown: except in a movie he wouldn't have taken 3 himself :o

11. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

I realize that, but walking directly into a line of fire wouldn't be my first choice of tactics, with my gun, anyone elses, or even just my bad breath as a weapon :rofl::rofl:

12. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Moral: No mexicans inside the house.

13. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Wow, we should take this to the Photo forum faggots.

14. jonny427

jonny427 Scooby Doo OT Supporter

Wow... this guy is baller.

15. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

sounds like that, he's fucking insanely brave:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

too bad he didn't fuck those other 3 up:hsd:

16. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

That's what gets me about people saying, "but everybody has a right to life!"

The instant I see that a criminal chooses not to recognize my right to life, is the instant that he forefits his own "right to life."

The other one is when people say, in regards to using force to protect property, "life will always be more valuable than property!" I feel that it is the robber's decision. If I say, "put the TV down or I'll shoot," if they put my TV down, that tells me that they value their life over the property, and I'll treat them the same way. If they try to run, that tells me that they value the TV over their life, and so will I.
    Though, as long as I'm living in MA, it would be best to let them get away, just because I know I'd get fucked by the ultra-liberalness of this state. When I get to AZ, then things will be different.

17. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

God, reading this kinda stuff scares the shit out of me.

WMD landmine group buy? :x:

18. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

When you have your wife and 5 kids in the same room with you, there isnt really any other choice.

19. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

ex-fucking-actly!!! i dont see what is so hard to understand about this...???

we all start with the right to live - if someone wishes to take anothers life, he forfeits his initial right to live... fucking simple

20. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Tactical doesn't come into play here.. this guy had already figured himself for dead, and he was going to go out protecting his family. Give him a fucking medal. That being said, the whole situation could have been avoided had he had a gun in the first place, and been trained with it. His whole family could have been trained too.

Anyways, knock an extra one back tonight, because it sounds like we have another on our side now.. it's just unfortunate that he had to go through this to "see the light."

21. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

this guys a badass

22. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

Props to him for not sitting around and waiting to die. His actions almost certianly saved his life and the lives of his familiy.