SRS I have no real friends.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by paranoidandroid, Mar 6, 2009.

1. paranoidandroid

paranoidandroid New Member

I am so bored. I have "friends" but no one I have anything in common with. I am forced to hang out with people I don't even like because my real friends have all moved away. I really need to find some people I can relate to and actually feel able to call them friends. It is really confusing to me that the people I grew up with and know like the back of my hand have all left. For those reading this, don't take your friends for granted like I did. Having close friends is the coolest thing in the world.

2. paranoidandroid

Thanks. It's just weird to think about how a year ago I had more good friends than I could count and now this weekend I will just sit at my computer bored and alone. Sucks.

3. Twiztid

Twiztid What the FUCK is a samoflange?

Yeh, and sitting at the computer on the weekend certainly isn't going to help the situation. Get out there and do things you like doing, chances are there will be people there doing what they enjoy too, bam, something in common.

I met some really good friends at an Internet Cafe because I love playing PC games, everyone else there loves playing PC Games it was only a matter of hours before I was joking around with some guys playing Counterstrike that I still hang out with to this day.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Do you still do the things you used to do with your real friends? Or do you do the things your fake friends want to do? You're not going to meet anyone new with common interests if you don't actually do what you like doing.

Videogaming doesn't count, because it doesn't happen outside.

5. northw3st

northw3st New Member

my main best friends will never be replaced the rest of my life. i've had the same ones since high school and i'm 25. i've made new ones, but they never amount to my best ones. lol

the problem is when you're an individual. it's easy to make friends when you're just like the rest of the sheep.

6. paranoidandroid

well, i would still be friends with my childhood friends but they have all moved away and i am still in school. My "fake" friends don't do anything really lol, thats the problem. I have decided im just going to get a job somewhere part time. Meeting cool people at work has always been easy for me, so hopefully this will be a good solution. Thanks everyone.

7. paranoidandroid

i also just bought a guinea pig so he will be my one true friend for a while ha.

8. slimjim

slimjim New Member

I recommend a dog :o

My little buddy has gotten me through some tough times in the past.

9. wimp

wimp New Member

i feel this way too... my closest friend the one i could relate to the most left to across the country... now i have no real friends... and the thing is both of are are very intelligent and we can get into lively discussions about anything.... our temperaments are very similar especially when it comes to debate and our sense of humor were alike....

but i wonder if all my individuality and intelligence which makes it hard for me to relate to other people... most people bore me to death... i get along really well with intelligent people with a mild temperament... i wish i was more like other people... sheep if u like to call them... it feels like i didnt need intelligent, or witty, or especially humorous people to hang out with when i was a child... i had more things in common with friends... i feel like age and experience molded me into some weird nerd cyborg... the thing is i am easily accepted with superficial non-nerdy people and im kinda superficial so my ego is drawn to them, but i think deep down i am a geek at heart.... i have a huge identity crisis.

10. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I recommend you move also.