I have no idea how to work out.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Boosh Dag, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

So in the past month I've started making some pretty good life changes. For some reason I hit 22 and my will power is unstopable. I've been a heavy smoker for about 6 years. About a month ago i decided enough was enough I quite cold turkey and havnt looked back. I've also stopped biting my nails, am eating healthier, stopped talking to the terrible women in my life and deleted facebook and myspace.

So yesterday I decided it was time to start looking better. I went for my first run since I started smoking six years ago. I thought I was going to die, I ran about a mile and a half at a good pace on the board walk. After the inital im going to vomit feeling wore off I felt like a million bucks. Today I did the same run again and I feel like my legs are going to really fall off, and I went to the gym with my friend and he showed me a bunch of excercises for my arms, and back.

My problem is that if i dont go with him I have no idea what to do. Should i be going everyday? Should I run everyday? Do i need to rotate what I'm doing?

Im totally cluless about working out, and I dont want to over do it early on because I know thats the trap.

so any advise would be helpful.

btw I'm 6' 4" and around 240. I wear it pretty well, but getting rid of some of the fat and toning is what i really want to do.

Cliffs: Quit smoking want to run and work out...cluless.

2. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

see! i dont even know how to read a fitness forum :hs: ...that plan does look pretty good though.

3. noogles

noogles OT Supporter

:rofl:

yeah start reading the stickies. google everything you don't really understand. click a few links, more reading et cetera. most if not all the information you need is out there.

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

stickies ftw, congrats on quiting smoking by the way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.