SRS I have no idea how to talk to people at parties.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by limited_skillz, Oct 2, 2005.

1. limited_skillz

limited_skillz I'm a dumbass!

I've only ever been to like one or two, I should probably be more worried about being invited to more.. but the few that I've been to, it's been so awkward. I suck at talking, but one on one, I'm decent at times. At parties, everyone is so different, I mean I can be more relaxed, but I'm so unsure of how to have a conversation. For one, it's really loud and I have to basically yell to get anyone to hear anything. Then I don't really have the content or anything to talk to people about.. like honestly what possibly exciting things could I talk about?

Could someone give me examples on speaking, and how to get around the loud music problem?

2. IspitHotFire

IspitHotFire 3 Greatest rappers of all time ? Dylan, Dylan, and

im not the most outgoing person but I have some problems with talking to girls at parties when im not drunk.

I guess i just need to grow some balls and go be myself. I do sometimes it just doesnt come naturally for me.

Like last night at out fraternitie's social, only about 15 girls showed up because of scheduling problems, and I only talked with 1 girl at length - and she wasnt the best looking one either

3. limited_skillz

limited_skillz I'm a dumbass!

i've tried the alcohol thing as well, only a bunch of stupid things come out my mouth "ex. want a cocksandwich, bitch, then stop staring at me", and i'm still relatively quiet

it's not only to girls though, i mean even guys i can't really talk to much

4. scaryice

scaryice New Member

It's all about confidence. Obvious, yes, but there's no getting around it. Just start talking about whatever pop culture stuff you're into, music, sports, tv or whatever.

You could try hanging out with a friend and go talk to girls together.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You basically talk about things that have happend to you, and what you have experienced and what things gave you a laugh.

6. AshLee

AshLee New Member

dont be the drunk asshole always screaming at parties. girls HATE them. they are annoying and stupid. all you need to do is grab a beer, some friends and just talk/have a good time and when the right girl walks by just say "hey" and start talking to her..like last night i was at a party and i was in the process of trying to get by some guys and this guy just turned around introduced himself and some friends and we stood and talked for a long time. it was awesome. parties are great places to make new friends and people to party with in the future. dont be so scared..everyone just wants to have a good time at parties :wavey:

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Its all about confidence and attitude. With loud music: If you smile kindly, you can say: "Belowa tofola semonola!" (gibberish) and they will smile and nod in return. New potential friend.

If its not too loud (try outside the door, or wherever people gather to talk), you can literally say anything nice. 'Nice cardigan.' Others are there to meet people, right? If not... shitty party. Generally they ARE. If you're nice, confident, and say ANYTHING... you can meet someone. The trick is to be upbeat.

In short, there are no tricks. Its all about confidence and attitude. And these are not easy to get, if you don't got em.

8. Budha

Budha Guest

All you need is some liquid courage, say hey how are you doing, whats your name. After that, ask her what year she is, and what she's studying, and then break off from there.

No matter what she says, you can always break off from that and make something up to talk about etc....

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Good short term solution, that leads to a long term problem: inability to socialize without alcohol. This leads people to alcoholism.

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

My advice is to talk to them like a friend you have not seen for a while - like a few years. Ask questions about them, and then get them talking. If you can keep your mouth shut, you don't have to say anything. Just keep the conversation flowing based on what they say. Things like "Why did you do that?" or "Where do you go after that?" are easy. Learn about the person you are talking to, you may determine they are cool or crazy. Take it from there.

11. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

I say..why force it? If you don't feel comfortable shouting at some girl in a party....don't. Find the opportunity when you're kicking back outside, or in some other more private setting. Of course, you'll now have ringing ears and you can't hear each other anyway. But that's besides the point.