I have never been directly approached by girls until I was in a LTR

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by teep, Mar 14, 2008.

1. teep

teep New Member

I used to not read too much into a lot of the PUA stuff. In fact, I was a big "be yourself" kind of guy. For me, it more or less worked, but now I've been experiencing a much talked about phenomenon first hand. Girls love guys with serious girlfriends. I don't get it, but it makes you reevaluate things.

Now that I'm in a pretty serious relationship, something that's never happened before is happening kind of frequently. Just the other weekend a random girl at a bar walked straight up to me and tried to chat me up all night and got uncomfortably close even after I casually mentioned having a girlfriend. The crazy thing is, she wasn't the only one that night. Another girl- when my girlfriend was away for a bit- wanted to come over late at night to watch a movie even though she had work early the next morning. Take it as you will, but to me, and I assume most dudes, that's an open invitation for slam time.

I've been eyed and smiled at on the subway, basically groped by friends that have never shown any interest before, and so and so forth. None of this has ever happened before I started my current relationship. There really is something to this "I don't care" attitude in getting girls after all.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

you have confidence since you have a gf, and they are picking up on it

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

lots of things at work here

when you have a gf, you are now "pre-approved" to other women who see you

i get checked out WAY MORE when i'm with my girl than when I'm alone

also, since you have a woman, the chances of you exhibiting needy or desperate behavior is greatly diminished. Neediness and desperation are the two biggest attraction killers.

4. Pringles

Pringles New Member

it all goes under the human desire of wanting what you don't have.

Be it a girlfriend or with other girls. Girls compete with other girls it's actually pretty fun to see. You can walk into a club thats say 70 girls for 30 men and if you have two girls with you others will compete too.

5. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I think a lot of the times girls are checking out your girl just as much as you :p

"she/he is way to hot for him/her"

6. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

hadn't thought of that, but i'm sure its true as well

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

because if you have a gf, you're more likely to not be a weirdo creepy type . otherwise you wouldn't have a gf. or sometimes girls just like to flirt peroid without it having to lead anywhere.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why do you think that saying goes "you always find someone when you're not looking?" It's because you don't appear to care; whether you've got a girlfriend or you just want to be single and want nothing to do with the opposite sex for a while. People pick up on that confidence/non-chalance attitude and dig it. It's certainly more appealing than the sweaty-palmed guy who is to nervous to look you in the eye or throws bad game.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

girls also get to see you in action so they know what you're like with a girl. i get approached the most when im out shopping with a girl :o

10. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

:werd:

I got hit on SO many times while in my last relationship. It was insane. I even had a girl explicitly offer sex more than once, that was wierd. I might like to date someone in a month or two, maybe, but I'm definitely not looking. I really don't care right now, so, in a way, I hope that attracts wimminz. :dunno: I do know that I'm more confident now than I've been in the past.

11. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I'm just the opposite. I had never actually hit on a woman until December 2007, at 27 years old.

12. armond

armond New Member

There ya go. Same crap is happening to me, I feel like my fiancee has given me the "stamp of approval" so other women tend to act out more.

Screw that though, LTR FTW! :cool:

13. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

I haven't been looking for years and nothing is "picked up on," so there are flaws in this argument. But it goes without saying, received a lot more looks when I was with a mate.

14. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[​IMG]

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I find the opposite to be true. Girls approach me rarely if at all, but more when I'm not in love and don't have a GF.

The whole "not caring" thing wouldn't apply though, because I still care about my attractiveness to other women when I'm really into one girl.

16. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

I get a lot more action being married. It is great. By being married, you seem less theatening and thus girls tend to be more open and flirty :)

17. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

18. owenstar

owenstar New Member

I agree with the part about being confident and all that jazz about not caring cause you have something solid and people pick up on it...

But to bring in another twist....I was in an 8 year relationship...I had women come on to me all the fucking time....I cant say all women, but tons love this challenge....They get off on trying to be the one to make you stray....Its funny that women say they hate cheaters, (and the good ones do)...but I will be damned if women couldnt care less how long my relationship was, how much I loved my ex....nada, it didnt matter....its forbidden fruit or some shit...but those are the girls who are just super awesome in bed, not anyone to bring home to mom...so dont fall for it

19. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

because you da man

20. armywrx

armywrx New Member

Girls that are chasing you for the sole purpose of trying to steal you usually aren't the kind you want to bring home to Mom. But they sure are fun to get rough with in the sheets.