SRS i have marriage/baby envy

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by big 1, Aug 21, 2006.

1. big 1

big 1 New Member

I am young and already i am having baby/marriage envy.
    My cousin just announced shes pregnant, my coworker just had a baby. two of my girlfriends are engaged, one of them just got married. I find myself looking at other pregnant women with envy at how cute they are with their bellies, and im jealous of married happy couples holding hands in the mall.
    the thing is, I am single and i dont even have a bf, let alone a husband to have kids with.
    Whats wrong with me??

2. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Sounds like you just need a reality check. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I'm sure some of those people are wishing they were single and kid free. You are seeing the good parts while not really having any idea of what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe you should get a job or volunteer at some place like a daycare center where you have to deal with screaming brats all day. That should kill any desire to have a baby for now :mamoru:

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

What's wrong with you?? You are projecting all sorts of good, happy things onto these people. As we say in AA you are comparing your insides to their outsides. Things are rarely as happy or good as they appear.

4. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I like that.

5. OhFourTwoThree

OhFourTwoThree New Member

How old are you? I assume you're still pretty young.

Don't get me wrong, having a spouse and family could be a great thing but don't envy what others have because it's not always what it seems. Give it a few years and most of your married friends with kids will be divorced or thinking abbout it if they are still young.

6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

your biological clock is starting to kick in

7. Tony Stark

and for boyfriend post up your pic in the main forum and your inbox will get flooded with offers even if you are butt ugly

8. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

I have that too...I'm a guy and I get envious when I see other couples holdin hands and dads with their kids. :hs:

If guys have a biological clock too then mine is definately ticking!!! LOL

9. big 1

big 1 New Member

um....good idea lol but i am NOT putting a pic of myself on the internet.......lol :mamoru:

10. big 1

big 1 New Member

LOL....too bad you dontlive in canada.....jk

11. Tony Stark

i'm not telling you to post nudes....or am I?

12. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

2 of my cousins are married, 2 almost, 4 friends are married and another one is almost. That's about half of the people that I'm close to and most of the married ones are around my age. But I don't envy them because there's a hell of a lot more responsibility in marriage which can be more than some people will ever be able to handle in their lifetime. I know that the truth is that even if I sometimes wonder what it's like to be married, they will always envy my life as a single man much more.

I was looking for a bible passage the other day and read 1 Corinthians 7 which has a lot to say about marriage. It actually advises people NOT to get married to save themselves from the hardship that comes along with it.

13. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I'm young too, and look forward to being married. My bf and I have talked about it, but its at least 2 years in the future, probably more like 2.5-3. But I still envy the happily married people I see / know.

Maybe you feel lonely due to not having either?

14. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

hmmm, time for a ROAD TRIP!!!!
    :rofl:

15. kazimer

kazimer New Member

you should quote the rest of that scripture if you are going to use it.
    the author was a single guy who never married. his letters were to the people of corinth who were all fucked up anyways. he also advised that people SHOULD get married instead of burning with hormones and jerking off all night. there many passages in the bible that are all for marriage

16. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

This is exactly why I am not married. Relationships are so much work especially a married on. I have so much on my plate right now I dont need a strained marriage on top of that.

17. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

It's called envy....some other folks have what you don't, and what you might want. Everyone one around you is getting married and having kids and you feel left out. I've been there :hs: Most of my college friends got married/moved away/had kids by the time we were all 21-22. I hadn't even had a serious BF yet and they were all moving on. Yeah I felt like shit, like there wasn;t anything out there for me. I did finally meet my Mr. Right and we were married 7 years after everyone else had "left" me...but I am soooo glad I wasn't among the group who married/had kids so young. By the time I was starting my married life (which is a very happy one) my friends who had already gone through it were divorcing and realizing they did all this way too young.

Instead of fretting over when your turn is coming, just enjoy your single time...don't waste your time pining away for something that for you might not be the right time or place yet.

I believe there's someone for everyone...some of us have to wait a bit longer...some people are financially and emotionally ready for such things sooner in life and others not until some more time passes.

Just be you, be true to yourself, and someday when you least expect it, it will be your turn :)

:hug:

18. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i hear you
    most of my friends were married by the time i graduated college - a good amount dropped out *to* get married.
    lots of people i know are talking babies, etc, even though we're early 20's.
    i see friends who are married, having babies, adopting, etc.
    sometimes i want that too.

buttttt
    like others have said
    sometimes we don't see the whole picture.
    most of my friends were married at 20, 21, 22 at the latest.
    at 24 and still not married, i am approaching "spinsterhood" by their standards
    :rolleyes:
    but i also see how many of my friends made it 6 months before the unhappiness crept in.
    how many friends married b/c of the baby and are now separated
    how many friends talked baby to "fix things" and it's not working.

i have those cravings too, definitely.
    i see diamonds and i wish i were wearing one.
    my wedding dress from a previous engagement is hiding in the attic and i wonder when i'll wear it.
    i see pregnant bellies and wonder if i'll have one.

but when i see people married with kids before they're ready, i know i'm making the right choice to wait.
    it sucks sometimes, but in the end, you'll be so much happier when it happens b/c the time will be right.

19. bad_kitty

bad_kitty New Member

Ok......I hear what you are saying for sure about a little bit of envy. I have been with my boyfrind for 8 years this September, we have talked aobut getting married have set a date but nothing reall official like an engagement ring. A whole bunch of our friends just got engaged over the last 4 weeks. And 2 of our really close friends are pregnant and having children within the next 4 months.

It is kind of putting my clock out of wack, however, at the same time I am glad we are not pregnent or married yet, we are still young 26/27 and one day will have that.

Be happy with what you do have.