SRS i have everything but i'm sad

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Apr 29, 2008.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i have everything i dreamed of having but i'm so sad. Why is this? Im just sitting here drinking not giving a fuck what happens to me.

2. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

mental health > material things

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Only loving and helping others can fill up the black hole void in your soul. Maby people who are without love feel unforfilled.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

What is everything? No offense but you write a lot of threads. Most are about problems in you relationship and most recently about not having any money...so it kind of makes sense why you are depressed still.

Just because you "have a gf" doesn't mean your life should immediately become happy.

You haven't really changed your life. You don't have a job, correct? You still live at home, correct?

5. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

What's "everything?"

6. 2500

2500 Guest

everything "material" or actually everything? there is WAY more to life than collecting all the "material" things you ever wanted.

About 7 years ago, I was living the good life. I lived at home, so had no bills, my mom paid my cell bill, car payment, insurance, bought whatever food I wanted, clothes, plus just hand me cash every night. I had a car that most 17-18 year old "tuners" would kill for. (looking back, the word tuner when your 17 is MUCH different than at 26, lol) It was a mitsubishi galant, bought it brand new in 2001. My mom paid for me to fully build it. and I mean FULLY build it. suspension, wheels, graphics, body kit, hood, wing, FULL interior, FULL motor build from the pistons all the way up, there wasn't an inch of this car that wasn't modified, and at 18, i was ontop of the world driving this thing around. beating out guys in their 20s and 30s at car shows, joining car clubs known around the country. I really had everything I wanted. No bills, endless money, show winning car, cell phone, new clothes, etc.... BUT i would go home, and not be happy. ya know why? cuz I was alone, and i felt worhtless. yeah, i had material things 99% of 18 year olds would die for, but, i amounted to nothing, wasn't working, wasn't paying any bills, putting my mom into debt, and i had no one to love. So, you can collect all the material things you want, but, if you haven't filled the void in your heart, i wouldn't be at all surprised you feel sad.

I hit rock bottom, sold that car, had money cut off, and had to basically live the life of who i was all along, only without the "front" of being rich and happy. it sucked, but now, 5-6 years later, i work full time, rent a nice apartment, own a 2004 350z, have a fiance i love more than anything, and feel a million times better than i used to. even though now, i have anything but endless money, i have tons of bills, its hard getting by sometimes, i collect change for lunch sometimes, lol.... BUT, I'm making it on my own, and i'm in love. sometimes you need to look at the mental picture, and not so much the material side.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

You said you had everything you ever dreamt of.

Based on the law of averages, I'm going to assume that your dreams are about average in their grandeur.

Assuming I am correct, that means...

- You are in love with someone who is in love with you.
    - You are rich. You have all your pet pleasures on hand.
    - You have good friends who form a natural support group.
    - You have the time and freedom to enjoy your wealth.
    - You have achieved a certain degree of existential calm.
    - You are physically fit.

Given that you have everything - why are you sad??

8. justkristen

justkristen New Member

Material crap is just material crap. People need interaction. Cars, computers, tvs, ipods and other junk won't cut it.

Hang out with your friends. If you don't have any, make some. Do some volunteering, go out with coworkers, get to know people in your classes if you are in school, talk to people at the gym, something. The love department I have no advice for, because to me it's not something that you get by chasing it. When it happens, it happens.

Sitting around getting drunk and not giving a fuck isn't going to change anything in the long run. It's like putting a band aid on a tumor hoping to cure it.

9. JohnJohnJohnson

He didn't say "material things," he said EVERYTHING.

10. justkristen

justkristen New Member

Oookay. Well, I guess I interpreted it differently. It happens. In either case he doesn't have EVERYTHING he wants, or he wouldn't be so down.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

So you're calling him a liar!?

12. justkristen

justkristen New Member

Not at all. What I'm getting is that he thinks he has everything he wants, but the reality is that he doesn't. I don't know the guy, I don't have a psych degree, I'm just speaking on personal experience.

13. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

As a person in American Culture, we can't have everything, we always want more. It is my belief that it is the work towards our dreams and goals that make us happy. Once we obtain our dream/goal, we then need to set new goals or else we will become unhappy. Also we cannot be given things. We will take the things we are given for granted, while the things we work hard for we will take care of better.

It is also my belief that the majority of our happiness comes from our friends and family. It doesn't matter if you have a brand new sports car and a huge house, you won't be anywhere as close to as happy as the guy with loving friends and family.

14. JohnJohnJohnson

I think this is definitely true for depressives.

15. doggystylin

doggystylin New Member

you are you going to come back and fill us in or was the intention of that just a single post vent?

16. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i have family and friends. doing ok in school. have a good gf has bad mood swings but cares about me greatly but i dont know feels like somethings missing. can some people just never be happy

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well first of all, you don't have "everything," so recoginize that because with that fact you can't use that complaint. Sweetie, you make more threads than anyone I think about something constantly going wrong. I'm not trying to bring you down more, just trying to point it out because it was almost :mamoru: that you would say you have "everything" considering I've seen you bitch constantly about your gf, money issues and living at home.

Maybe once you actually get out there and get a job you'll finally have some money, can move out of your parents house and have a life you're more proud of.