SRS i have come to find....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Fury, Jan 4, 2008.

1. The Fury

The Fury New Member

i have come to find that no matter how hard i try to say im not, the fact is i can be very emo for no real reason at times. at the same time, is it that i have no reason or is it that i have no better way to deal with things i have little or no control over. it's a givin that most of the things i tend to be emo about is due to the fact that i have made some bad choices over the years, but what about the other stuff, what about the things that are not my fault. life sucks so bad so times and it;s the good times that make life worth living, but they can be bitter sweat. take my friends right. i love these group of people to death but they can be uber tactless sometimes. do you stop hanging with someone just because they piss you off from time to time or do you choose to let stuff that really doesn't matter slide and move past their short comings. i mind is in a state of unrest, i fight with myself everyday about what i want and what i need. i just want to go sit at my house and play wow and never come out again, that seems a good way to never be hurt again but alone i would fail. so what is the cure, how do i find who i am and when i do what if no one likes who i've become. who has the answer i'm looking for and what wall are they hiding behind so i can go burning it down to find the true about who i am.......

2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Try to become more accepting of others. Two books I really like in the subject are "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...(And It's All Small Stuff)" and "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People".

The truth is, when you judge or criticize others, you are really only saying something about yourself. You are simply saying that you have the need to judge and be critical of others.

I believe if you work on your social relationships and acceptance of others, the rest of your life will turn around.

3. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

:werd:!

Also, don't jump ahead of yourself. Figure yourself out, your goals, your strengths/weaknesses, abilities, etc, before even thinking about what others may think of you.

After you've taken the initiative of knowing yourself, you'll be more confident, and I don't think it'll really matter to you as much as it does now. Yeah most of us care to some extent about what our friends may think of us, but don't let it control you.

Btw, you'll hear a lot of people say, that they didn't truly know themselves til' they've reached an older age.. and I really believe thats true.
    I definitely don't know myself yet. I still have a lot to learn and a lot to figure out. But you have to have some motivation or goals (and patience) to keep you going, and most importantly to keep you progressing to the better.

:dunno:

4. slikna

slikna Grenade

You sound just like me :(

5. daxtrader

daxtrader New Member

When I realize that life is so short I start to laugh at myself for being such a cry baby. Our time here is so limited. Why the hell do we waste time moping and crying over every little thing that happens to us? We have so much to do, so much to accomplish and time is not on our side. Just imagine what you can accomplish if you spent every minute being productive. You're happiness is in your hands. I literally did nothing in 2007 and when I look back I just can't believe how fast it has gone by.

6. The Fury

The Fury New Member

this has givin me alot to think about, thanks guys