SRS I have anxiety, all the time

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by black jesus, Oct 31, 2007.

1. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I don't really know why, I feel uneasy constantly. It seems like work, women, car, money, and my living sittuations are constantly negative. Even when I was just at the grocery store just now, I thought, "wow, I really don't want to be here right now." I don't mean "here" as in the grocery store, I mean this life. I don't really like my day to daily grind.

I don't like how I'm only a contract hire, my roommates are pigs and eat all my food, my miata still doesn't have a motor for the turbo swap, I don't have any friends to speak to, I don't even know what a woman is anymore, I want to take another job opening, but what if I don't like it and want my old job back while I also don't want to leave my current employer because they're be screwed without me, people don't pick up their weight in the gym, I don't want to buy a bunch of Xmas gifts next month, I don't want to deal with the holiday stress of entertaining my sister's family network, my mother/stepfather's network, and my father's family network. I just want everyone to leave me alone and not talk to me so I can live at a race track and have just enough money for food, track time, tires, and brakes.

I don't know why I posted this, but I assume this is where people tell me I'm depressed or something.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Have you really never considered talking to a therapist?

3. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I have. I can't anymore because I don't have health insurance. Its been two years.

4. Tech0rz

Tech0rz New Member

Read Awareness by Anthony DeMello.

5. Kirby McSpic

Kirby McSpic New Member

Sounds like you know you want something different for yourself, but don't have the ability or even motivation to do so. If a change is to happen, you gotta know some people in your life might not agree with it, because it interferes with their interests. What you have to do is find someone that supports you in everything you do, and go for it. It'll only get worse if your daily grind gets you nowhere.

6. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Well you should see one anyway. You sound like you're on your way for anxiety problems and depression along with social withdrawal and lack/loss of social support.

7. MiniEnglishRose

MiniEnglishRose New Member

Try these FREE resources while you don't have insurance:

ANXIETY DISORDERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA http://www.adaa.org/ On the website they have a self test quiz to see if you suffer from an anxiety disorder. They

8. MiniEnglishRose

MiniEnglishRose New Member

whoops

continuing
    They have a ton of resources, and also a link to see if there are any support groups in your area (will help on the social arena as well)

NATIONAL ALLIANCE ON MENTAL ILLNESS (NAMI) www.nami.org OR (800) 950-6264
    They have a chapters all over the states-- and will help you with any local resources you may need. This is a reallllly helpful resource to have on hand.

I wish you the best of luck. I'm glad you reached out to OT-- that's the best first step to change!!

9. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Your employer should offer a free counseling hotline. If not, there are quite a few out there you can put a call in to. They aren't necessarily as good as face-to-face, but it would be beneficial to work out these feelings with someone qualified to offer sound advice. I'm also sure that depending on your location, there's a clinic somewhere offering free mental health services. You just have to search for them.

10. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I do feel like I need to make these changes now. I'm about to turn 27, and I've been miserable since I was 8 years old...at least that's when the suicide thoughts started.

The gym is a good example of how I ruin things. I loved the gym for the first 2 years. Now, I'm tired of looking like a bitch who pulls no weight, so I'm miserable there; I don't want to be there. Previously I loved every minute of lifting, now I feel like its a hopeless cause.. That was a recent indicator that things are "not right" with me.

11. pretty_n_ink

pretty_n_ink New Member

You couldv'e been my mirror before I finally saw a doctor. Turns out I have panic disorder and depression. I have insuranve now but when I didn't the doctor would give me samples of antidepressants and the other shit was cheap.

Save your money if you can't find a clinic. I swear it will change you when you talk about it. I went from social butterfly to agoraphopic overnight, it freaked me out. I did't hate going out, I couldn't go out because my body would freak out.

Good luck. If you need to talk feel free to PM me. I'm finally back to normal, or whatever normal is, and I would have been there a lot quicker if I'd just asked somebody.