I have another problem with my MacBook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NovedYarg, Aug 12, 2006.

1. NovedYarg

NovedYarg Drinks Their Kool-Aid

Actually a few.

1.) I set my network up but everytime I turn on my notebook it signs on to an unusable network and I have to manually change it. What's up with that?

2.) For the third time my keyboard just locked up. I wasn't able to type anything, still able to browse and open apps but just not use the keyboard at all. Is this a common problem?

3.) My desktop keeps reseting the picture I'm using and puts it back to default.

Am I doing something wrong or what?:hs:

2. NovedYarg

Anyone?

3. CarRamRod

CarRamRod The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.

I had that problem too. What I did is go into the Network Preferences and re-make you preferred network. So click on the Airport connection, go to Configure, drop the "By default, join:" box, go to Preferred Networks, and delete the entries in there. Apply the changes and then close the preferences. Then, in the airport icon on the menu bar at the top of the finder, re-connect to your network that you want and type the WEP password or whatever.

It fixed it for me.

4. NovedYarg

That solved that problem. Thanks! :bigthumb:

Now if I can only figure out why my keyboard has locked up three times to where no keys will work at all. :hs:

5. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

That's weird. My trackpad will freeze for like a second or two but then it'll start working again.

6. NovedYarg

The first time it did it I was in midsentence typing. The second time it did it the numlock came on outta nowhere then none of the keys would work, not even then numlock keys. The third time I had just finished posting on OT and then was just browsing around the net when I tried to type a reply and it wouldn't work again so I waited for 15 minutes (played some Dead Rising) then tried again to no avail. :hs:

7. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

Take it in and have it checked by one of the geniuses. :hsugh:

8. NovedYarg

The keyboard just locked up again and I had to reboot. It seems to be a recurring thing that the num lock key comes on whenever this happens. I dunno what's causing it.

Also I have an issue with FireFox.

I downloaded it and installed it, but for some reason I can't eject the disk and whenever I open FireFox from the dock it opens the install window where I have to drag the FireFox icon over to the Application folder. Then it'll open FireFox.

9. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

my keyboard on my MBP stopped working one day. i turned off completely, let it sit for a few minutes and hasn't happened since :dunno:

10. NovedYarg

I guess it's not that big of a deal, although this is the fourth time it's happened. All it takes is a quick reboot and all is fixed.

Now the FireFox deal is kind of annoying me.