SRS I have an issue.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ideotique, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

It's not major or life threatening or anything like that, but it has been playing on my mind

I'm seeing a girl. I get on really well with her, have a lot in common, except I'm kinda embarrassed to be seen in public with her. It's not an appereance thing - in that it's something that can be changed.

I'm setting myself up in a very style orientated place and company. Everything has to be scrubbed up and everyone dressed nicely. Even on casual sort of things, like a bbq at the boss's place.

I'd like to bring her along, but she has absolutely no idea how to dress. Everything is basically faded black. Badly cut and cheap. In their eyes this reflects on me.

What the hell am I going to do? I realise this is very superficial and all that, but could cause problems for me and her if I don't do something

Thanks

:sadwavey:

2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Take her shopping and show her clothes that you feel would help her fit the image your looking for. Mention something like "I think you would look hot in this" or "This would outfit would really bring out xyz feature" :dunno:
    I'd prob be pretty upset if someone was trying to change my style of clothing, but would be more open to a suggestion if it was coming in the form of a compliment. Sounds like you're stuck in a bit of a hard place.

3. lauren

lauren Active Member

i was that girl once. :o

yeh, it sucked, he was never happy with anything i wore, his mom thought i was trailer trash. i have no advice.

4. BritishHumpingWitch

BritishHumpingWitch New Member

Hmmm. The only thing I could suggest is when you run into these problems (work related get-togethers), tell her you need to go out and pick up a shirt or tie (or what ever) for yourself, and while you're out, find something for her, bring her over to it (tell her it would look great on her; etc.). and offer to pay for it. Sorry for the crap advice, but I'm stumped on this one!, lol.

5. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. Just take her out shopping when you have these types of activities. Suggest something you'd want her to wear and use compliments.

I have the problem with my cousin that she's 22 and dresses always in jeans and sneakers:mamoru:...so what do I do? For Christmas, I buy her clothes the I KNOW she'd look nice in, she ends up liking my choices and wears it. Of course, she won't buy anything so it gets really old, real fast, but at least she wore something nice for once.

6. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

buy her a shirt. or tell her to dress up. and if she wears something you dont like, tell her, i dont want you to wear that because it will give the wrong impression. here lets go get you something to wear... take her to the store and buy her something.

7. nezfotnemom

nezfotnemom OT Supporter

find out when shes going to be in a certain place and send friends in to go bleaching (bleach in squirt guns).. Then, unless shes psycho, she wont wear that crap anymore

8. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

No, you gotta go up a few streets to the north to get to offtopic. Oh, no problem.

9. deus ex machina

deus ex machina New Member

Offer to take her shopping ... and maybe have her watch some episodes of What Not to Wear on TLC.