GUN I have an idear. . .

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Poonony, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Poonony

Poonony New Member

Looking for a compact/sub-compact in 9mm for first ccw. Smallest availible, I hear 9mm is a good starter round and I don't give a damn about "stopping power". If I have to show my weapon, any ole' gunill do. If I am put in a position to fire said weapon, then i will make damn sure I hit the bastardo(s) enough for to allow me time to reload.

On that note, was thinking that since I am a 270 lb baby moose and my hands are more slabbs of beef than anything else, mags that would extend the grip and capacity would be good for back ups no?

Thoughts, flames wut-evah, gimmie some feedback, thnx. :)

2. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

glock 26

3. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

Well give a damn about stopping power but understand that a 9mm is sufficient to stop anyone. You must focus on becoming proficient using your weapon of choice. I have become through the years, proficient enough to know that I can put 2 inthe x ring fast enough to stop an attack if I rely on my training. Training is fundemental to shooting well and building the confidence to properly carry a firearm.

4. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

XD-9 sub compact is what I carry now and I have big hands. I have the pearce grip extensions so I have a full grip yet easy to conceal. I use the XD40 SC magazines that hold 13 rounds of 9mm for a total of 14.
    Kel Tec P11 is another small 9mm. bit smaller than all the other micro 9s and definately the lightest. I carried one for over a year with pearce grip extensions and 11+1 9mm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The P11's slide is at Kel Tec. Getting the hard chrome upgrade with night sites. :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  5. Mitch'SS

Mitch'SS New Member

I still use the p-11 with belt clip, Very easy to carry with just shorts and a t-shirt.

I think im about to upgrade it to .357 sig though :)

6. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

7. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

keltec p11

8. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

An important rule for CCW is you cannot draw/fire your weapon unless your life is in imminent danger, if you are buying a gun just to intimidate people... i suggest that you reconsider your purchase

9. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

I personally am a fan of Sigs, but the Glock would also be an excellent choice.

I know you said you dont care about stopping power and were looking for a 9mm, but you are not a small guy and can easlily handle a slightly larger load if you want. You might want to at least consider the .40, as it is marginally harder to shoot but packs a little more punch. With your size shooting and handling it should be no problem for you.

Just a thought.

10. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

hey since there are a couple of Kel-Tec P11 owners in here I've got a question for ya'll. I shoot alot of single action 1911 with light triggers and rarely shoot DA or even guns with heavier triggers. I carry a G23 for my CCW with the standard 5.5 lb trigger and have several thousand rounds thru it (approx 10-15k). Anyways my question is I tried shooting a P11 after shooting a couple of my other guns, and honestly I couldn't get decent with the gun because of the trigger. I have moderate experience with handguns and I should be able to shoot one gun as good as I shoot the next. However I feel like I'm in a handicap because I'm spoiled with nice triggers and if I had to carry something with a crappy trigger like a P11 I would probably have to stop shooting guns with light triggers just to really get consistent with the P11. Does anyone else have this problem?

This isn't meant to hijack the thread, so please continue on giving the man advice. Personally I feel the G26 is a pretty good option for you.

11. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

No problems here. It's not a crappy trigger btw, it's designed that way to act as a safety since it's designed as a CCW weapon. (much less likely to be accidently discharged when putting it in a purse, pocket or carried mexican) It's very similar to a DAO revolver.

I shoot the P11, P3AT, 1911 with a 3.5lb trigger, two XDs, a DA/SA CZ and the weirdest design of all, a P7 and oftentimes switch back and forth between all of them after I empty a magazine. It will show you how much you anticipate the shot though if you go from a 3.5lb 1911 directly to an 8lb P11 and pull the shots. :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  12. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

p11 does have a long pull, there are some modifications available..

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/index.htm

13. Poonony

Poonony New Member

I know that. . . . :nono:

But I would rather give an attacker a second (if applicable) to re-think his charge. If there was no way(what is it, the 16 foot rule?) then yeah, its draw and fire. I'm not some gangbanger wannah be, but I'm going to do my damndest not to shoot a guy unless I have to. Get me? :bigthumb:

14. Poonony

Poonony New Member

For maximum firepower, any thoughts on the Glock 29?

10 mm in a compact. . . mmmmmmm :drool:

15. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Its a great gun, I was shocked first time I shot it. I figured it was gonna fly out of my hands, but it didn't and it felt alot like the G27, not to mention I've always been a fan of the 10mm round. Also I never had any problems with the 2-3k rounds I put it, so it seems Glock reliable. And finding a compact 10mm that works is gonna be hard outside of this baby.