I have a question to you healthy people...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DOBERMAN, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOBERMAN

DOBERMAN New Member

Here is my situation:

I picked up 12 units in college after not taking it seriously for over a year and I also work 40 hours a week. I used to work out and be pretty "big" and felt healthy and happy with my life. Now I dont sleep, eat once a day, Im stressed out, and I feel like shit most of the time.

I lost about 15 lbs since September, I have a cold that doesnt seem to go away, and my over all health and mental well being is down the drain.

Is stress and lack of sleep / nutrition the main cause of this? or is it something else?

(and dont say super aids because I got checked out and Im good)

2. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

i felt that way when i used to smoke/drink regularly... stress can be a big factor too but workingout/playing sports helps me relieve that

3. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

No sleep is killing you for sure, and malnutrion is obviously going to make you feel like dogshit.

4. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

Take a look around you at the American society, 98% of the people are obese slugs who feel like you describe every day. You body is like a machine, if you're not giving it the propper nutirence, and not keeping it moving, it's going to break down just like a car.

The post I want to type would just be toooooo long and drawn out, I keep changing my mind on what I want to type. Bascially, stop eating shit food. Start eating more fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats etc. Your body NEEDS propper nutrition to fuction correctly.

Exercise is almost as important as a propper diet too. I'm not going to tell you to go bust your ass in the gym every day but make time for takeing a walk every day and doing some light stretching at least. Weight training is great for you too.

Sleep is one of the most important things in the world, get more sleep even if it means going to a doctor for help.

5. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

sleeping is very important. i think one of the reason i have success building mass is because i'm lazy and i sleep so much :o when i'm not at the gym i'm like a slug.

6. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

You definitely need to eat more than once a day. No sleep is also bad, man. I would say that those two factors are defintely playing a big role in you feeling like shit.

Also...if you are stressed with work and school, cut down your hours from work. Or maybe only take 3 classes per semester. Your well-being comes first. :)

7. Liddy

Liddy Not enough cowbell.

I think if he works on the "essentials" first (i.e. diet, rest and exercise) he might be able to avoid medication.

The mind-body connection is bigger than anyone can ever imagine it to be.

I would also consider cutting something out of your life if it leaves you no time to sleep. Working 40 hours is hard enough without full-time study so try and cut your hours back. Yes you will miss the money, but you are more important than any money you will ever make.

Just try looking after yourself a bit.

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

eat consistantly, sleep more, and most importantly work less so you can focus on school, or don't go to school and keep working. I think for 12 units of school the most you should want to work is 25 hours/week, and even then you're going to be damn busy with homework and studying in your free time.

It sucks to be that broke but it beats flunking out of school, and if you don't want to make that sacrifice then you might want to consider putting school off until the future, or just sticking to night class. Your health is more important than your job or classes.

9. xcrnr

xcrnr New Member

I've been in the same situation for a while I graduate in two weeks thank god. It has worked best for me to schedule my workouts for the week early on and no matter what I show up for those this takes away the stress and made me start sleeping better. I got people to workout with too every week day at 4:00 we are always there. On those days when I feel really shitty it helps to have others depending on you to be there.

10. cpz

cpz I'm OG on and off OT

Its time to change your lifestyle. Get it back how it was. Like someone said even if you have to cut hours from work. You gotta sleep, eat, and exersice more. Good Luck.

11. DOBERMAN

DOBERMAN New Member

Thanks for the advice guys :) The semester is going to end in 2 weeks so im going to have some down time for a couple of months. Hopefully I will get back in shape and feel better. :x:

12. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

I hope everything works out for you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.