SRS I have a problem...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kytro, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place so to speak.

First of all I am not sure what I actually want, so work is stressing me out. There are a few tasks I have been avoiding primarily because one of them is boring and the other does not make sense to me.

They are really symptoms of the struggle though. I don't really enjoy my job and the work I do, nor do I really think there is anything I want to do.

So I get tired and stressed, while not achieving much (some days, others I actually get a lot done - but usually because the task is interesting and I understand it).

This leads to me just wanting to relax at home (includes drinking) and not waiting to do anything that includes social stress.

I find it extremely difficult to make myself do the work, doing a fe minuetes then wasting plenty.

In addition at home I will avoid doing anything hard - eating take away and just leaving crap laying around.

The whole thing depresses me.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Start looking for a new job...if you're avoiding work at your job, and can't stay focused, you're on your way to being fired.

The other thing I would suggest is going to a counselor or something...you say the whole thing depresses you, you might actually be depressed. It's worth at least checking it out.

3. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

I tend to avoid "asking for help" on emotional issues because I cannot see how someone can solve an internal conflict.

As for my job, I am still getting most of my work done, this is just a pattern that I recognise