I have a lot of dumb questions I need answer for.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Non-Photo Blue, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just started weightraining and I pretty much know NOTHING about it. Can I like get an AIM chat wiht someone that knows a lot about this stuff? It's question like...wtf is the difference between deadlifts and that crap. Anyone want to help me? :hs:

2. knucks

knucks Active Member

in for a big chat :run:

3. waylander

waylander New Member

4. Oh I forogot to mention. I checked taht out but I'm still confused with a lot of stuff.

like...I really tried to research everything before making this dumb thread...but yeah too late :hs:

5. i checked out personal logs and stuff and one question is...why are peoples workouts so differnet from others? I mean it's like some people do EZ bar curl (wtf is that) and some others do regular bar curls. I'm so confsed

6. waylander

waylander New Member

When it all boils down to it, work outs are going to be very personalized, based on what you are trying to accomplish and what feels right for you. Only you will understand your limitations. Just by inquiring you are taking a step in the right direction, and when it comes right down to it, eating better and being more active than you are currently will only improve your life. You want to stay balanced in everything, a balanced diet, a balanced work out routine, balancing work, play, family, friends, school. It's all a Yin and Yang, start working out to better yourself not for aesthetic purposes, and you will get farther that way.
    /Ramble

7. zysus

zysus New Member

bodybuilding.com has a huge site dedicated to working out. I suggest reading most of the whole site. ( I did ).

My advice: Get a few sessions with a personal trainer... maybe 3 to get you started... they can give you the low down on eating, cardio, weight training... its well worth the $100 or so, plus they'll help you customize your work out...PLUS they'll show you proper form so you don't hurt yourself. Everytime i see someone do a latpull down with the bar behind their head I wince....:rolleyes:

There are also good books... Men's Health publishes a few of them.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  8. SteveO

SteveO Guest

you've got lots to learn. Check out the stickies, every bit of information can be found there

just kidding, they are all gone

9. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

this link will help you TREMENDOUSLY

points out the different muscle groups on a person and lists exercises for those muscles. most have pictures on how to complete them, a good amount have video.

do research on this forum, on BB.com, hell... and t-nation and elite

this is like asking, "can you explain math to me real quick?" there is no quick answer... and AIM chat isnt going to help. dig around, read peoples info, learn exercises.

10. Fabian

Fabian Active Member

Buy the bible.

Arnold Schwarzeggers Modern Encyclopedia of bodybuilding.

It is essential.

11. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

yeah, thats fucking GAY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.