I have a few questions v.n00b

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Marijuanair, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

Hey guys, I have a few questions about upgrades on my car. On Saturday I got myself a brand new '05 Acura RSX-S :cool: I love the car and I love the quickness of it. I am not a street racer by any means, and I could definitly live without speeding thousands to make my car faster, But I was on clubrsx.com and saw this:

http://store.clubrsx.com/merchant.m...e=HD-TSECU&Category_Code=ECUR&Product_Count=0

Now, I cant even change my oil so bare with me. I *think* that is a new computer for my car, and it says it increases torque and horsepower and improves some other stuff. What I dont know is exactly wtf it is, and if I need more parts, or if it will void my warranty on my car. Also, how much would it cost for someone to install it for me.

Thanks for the help, Im sure Ill have more questions.:hsd:

2. Branislav

Branislav orly?

No modifaction can leggaly void your warranty.

if something is need of to be fixed and is under waranteed and they blame it on the mod they half to have undisputible evidence that the modifcation did it.

and yes, IT IS A LAW.

3. Marijuanair

4. iceiso

iceiso New Member

hondata is pretty much tuning software. however, i wouldn't recommend getting it on a stock car. you would need it for forced induction, or if you were running more mods on a N/A car. i notice that you have an RSX-S. i'm not sure about the new 2005 rsx's, but past ones have responded very well from a cold air intake.

5. Marijuanair

6. ices

ices New Member

7. sparq

sparq New Member

8. bmxenbrett

bmxenbrett Guest

lol those $30 "power boosters" on ebay are a resistor that tricks ur mass air flow sensor into thinking its getting more air or somthing like that. but any ways i can go to radio shack and get 6 resistors for like $1.30. dont even bother

mass air flow sensor - it tells ur cars computer how much air its getting so it can compute how much fuel to give the engine

9. illeagle94

illeagle94 New Member

First thing, Hondata basically raises your Rev Limiter.

If you rev your engine higher than the factory limit, you may make more power. With intake, exhaust (with high flow cat or test pipe) and header, you would be more likely to gain extra power in the upper RPM range.

Also, the higher the RPM you gan go to in any gear means that you will end up higher in your next gear, thus putting you into an RPM range where you will be making more power.

There is a downside. If you damage your engine due to revving it past the set manufacturers limit, Acura can tell by hooking your car up to a diagnostic scanner. Then they will tell you that you have to pay for repairs.