A&P I have a chance to pick up a Fuji S5000 - yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Blindsight, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

Used but in great condition, with 256MB XD card, with all the usual accessories, $340 shipped. I really loved this camera after playing with it in person, but it would be my first digital (hell my first camera period that I'll actually have paid for) ... I can't tell if it's really as good as I think it is or if I'm buying into the hype. I know the images are a bit noisy sometimes, but they still looked damn nice, especially for $340.

Thoughts, opinions, anything, please tell me so I can jump on this deal or pass it up for something better! :bowdown:

2. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

ive not been impressed w/ fuji's line of consumer digital cameras.. and the fact that they use XD cards is not so hot - as most consumer camera's use compact flash (cf) - which tend to be cheaper and faster

3. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

:werd: I was not really too enthused about the XD cards as well... but since it includes a 256 card... I dunno. I'm starting to wonder if I'm gonna go through with it, I'll have to think about it... :hsugh:

4. Danno

Danno Bronx Poodle OT Supporter

I've got a Fujji that I love to use. Takes nice pics, easy to use.

5. Woodmaster

Woodmaster New Member

I have the s5000, great camera. I was skeptical about buying a fuji because well, lets be honest.... they aren't as top named. They havent been making cameras as long as kodak or canon. But this is as close to an SLR camera you can get in the market for that price. I paid about $400 at best buy for it and another $60 for a 4 year warranty. So if they happen to discontinue my model I might just have to accidently drop it and get the next model up hehe. And in 4 years, can u imagine what they will have *gawk*. Anywho, great camera, great quality and it says 3mp on every description but its really 6. I also bought some lenses to go with it.

6. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

Dammit, I can't make up my stupid mind... I'm way too indecisive... He just told me he lost the lens cap - a very bad sign IMO, that's making it harder for me to decide too :hs: