GUN I have a chance to buy a Ruger P89 15 clip.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JasonDH, May 15, 2004.

1. JasonDH

JasonDH OT Supporter

Like the title says I have a chance to buy this gun for $350. The guy kept on saying it holds 15 rounds not 10? Im a beginner gun owner and im wondering if this a good deal or should I look elsewhere? any kind of help would be greatful!

2. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Not really a good deal. That is Ruger's oldest 9mm, you can get a new Ruger P95 for the same price, or cheaper. As far as the magazine goes, you can get aftermarket mags for the Ruger 9mm if you really want one, but I suggest waiting until September for the the AWB to sunset.

3. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

4. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

Yeah, no joke. Get the terminology right. A clip is something a woman puts in her hair.

5. JasonDH

JasonDH OT Supporter

sorry like I said im still new and learnin

6. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

obviously since you are wanting a Ruger with a 15 round 'clip'

:mamoru:

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Don't forget, until that ban sunsets, just cos it "holds" 15, doesn't mean it comes with the mag that holds that.

8. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

That is not Rugers oldest 9mm, and the only difference between the P95 and P-89 is on the 95 is a poly frame and the P89 is alloy. I own a P-89T and its a great beginner gun, its easy to shoot and easy to take apart and clean. It WILL last forever.. people on Rugerfourms have 20k+rds with no problems.
    I paid about $340 for mine, but for a starter gun I would get it. It comes from the factory with a 10rd mag.. which is plenty for the range

9. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

My first gun was a Ruger P89, I got it October '02, it came with 2 pre-ban mags, each holds 15 rounds. I paid $280. So, yeah, $340 is way too steep, i think. I picked up 4 extra 15 rounds mags shortly after for an incredibly good deal. I later figured out the deal was so good, because 2 of them don't work, but the other 2 work fine.

Which reminds me, if anyone needs 2 pre-ban 15 round mags for a Ruger P89, I don;t need them. These are the 2 that work just fine. I put about 100 rounds through each of them just last week. I'm letting them go for $15/ea. I got a new gun, and have no need for 4 pre-ban mags for a gun I don't carry. PM me, so as not to hijack the thread.