i have a brand new system and it sucks...really. (help)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Gekido04, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Gekido04

Gekido04 Guest

I bought some 6 1/2 pioneer TS-A1680R 4-way speaker for my fronts and 6x9 pioneer TS-A6970R 3-way speaker for my rear. i had a sony deck (forgot the type) but it was a simple deck. the only feature it had was that it changed colors. they use to hit hard for just being some speakers. but that deck got stolen so i bought a Pioneer DEH-P2600.

IT SOUNDS LIKE CRAP. i've tried to set all of the setting to see if it will sound better but no...it doesn't. what can i do? there is no bass, sounds wierd all the time. what can i do to make them sound better? get an amp? :sadwavey:

2. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

I think you might need an amp to power those speakers.

3. 04

04 Guest

Did you use the wiring harness that came with the car? It's possible that you wired the polarity incorrectly on one or more of the speakers, and that could defineatly make the sound wierd.

Another thing to check for is to make sure there isnt any equilizer enabled.

4. ronman84

ronman84 New Member

not enough juice to power all 4 speakers, pick up a 4x100 amp, and you will be blown away, they're great speakers... as long as they get the power they need. remember make sure the speakers rms is in range of the amp your going to buy, and make sure the peak output on the amp is less than the peak of the 4 speakers

5. 04

04 Guest

I thought he said that it was pretty loud with the old deck? Replacing the new deck made it sound bad.

I doubt that lack of power is the problem

6. Gekido04

Gekido04 Guest

i messed with all of the eq and other setings the deck had. i made them all low so now it sound sorta decent.

7. The_otherguy

The_otherguy New Member

I know exactly what you did, you reversed the polarity on the speakers ( reversed neg & pos) on one of more speakers.. play with the wires a little, unhook on 6x9 with the stereo on, if you get more bass hook it up the oppiste way it used to be. do that untill you get your good sound back.

8. Ncognito

Ncognito Guest

umm.. maybe consider components up front?? rear coaxials?? amp?? sub??

really depends on how much you're willing to spend.. and your goal..

theres plenty of items to chose from in the car audio industry..