SRS I have a big problem, and Im pretty embarassed about it. I dont know what to do!!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Feb 14, 2007.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

Im embarassed about it, because I have no idea why my niece is acting this way!

Ok my 2yr old niece is obviously growing up and mommy has been teaching her about the male and female private parts - and how if anyone ever touches her to let mommy know. So she knows what a penis is, she knows what a vagina is, yada yada yada.

Well the thing is, for some reason lately (last couple weeks), when she would go with mommy swimming and be in the locker room she would bring up my name and penis. :ugh: What the? This has happened 4 times so far, and of course my sister would call to ask me about it everytime and why shes saying that kind of stuff. What am I suppose to say to that? I obviously know better than to not let my niece see me naked, and I told her that. I dont change around her, I dont let her see anything - I mean cmon now its common sense (unless youre like a complete pervert or something, in which im NOT).

So my sister doesnt believe me and thinks im lying, or whatever. She said to me that she knows her baby girl doesnt just make stuff up out of the blue. Im sure she doesnt, but I just dont get why she would say such stuff? Can anyone enlighten me why? This is obviously really bothering her, and myself as well just as much as her. I dont know what to do other than keep telling my sister that I have no idea why she would say such stuff. Every time my niece says my name and penis, it will only get worse between my sister and I. I know she doesnt believe me and thinks Im up to something (in which im not). :wtc:

But like today my sister said that when they were swimming, she goes "my name...penis...touch it" :ugh: What the hell? I can only say so much to my sister, and Im wondering what the hell is going on here. I mean seriously, go for a lie detector test? I just dont know how to react to my sister now - should I be assertive in wanting to help find out why my niece is saying this kind of stuff? Or should I just avoid the whole issue and only talk about it when she brings it up with me. But obviously, the more it happens the worse it gets.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Be very assertive in finding out why she is saying this.

If I was in your sisters shoes, I would probably think the same thing. Especially the "my name...penis...touch it".

Obviously I believe you since you're posting on here, but you have to realize that the situation does make you look like the bad guy, which is why you need to be assertive in finding out why it's happening.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Kids are like parots, the repeat things without knowing the significance behind them. My god...a 2 year old knows this stuff?? Fuck that shit is wierd right there. What is also wierd is that your crazy ass sister thinks a 2 year old knows what they are saying and "won't make stuff up". That's a load of shit!

WHen my buddies daughter dropped something on the floor, she yelled "God damnit"....why?? She simply paroting what she saw one of her parents do. She didn't "know" what she was saying and she sure didn't have any concept of the significance of those words.

Your neice can't even speak in complete sentences for christs sake. Why the fuck would your sister take her statements as serious??

If I were you, I'd be very assertive but I'd also be hurt that my sister would think so little of me.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

maybe she strung some words together and your sister needs to get a grip

5. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede New Member

Why the fuck is your sister teaching her what a penis and vagina is at that age? She needs to realize that like everyone else has said, the child is just stringing words together without really knowing the meanings.

Now, is your niece's father in the picture? If not, then that is probably why she is associating your name with penis, because it appears that she knows that penis has to do with males and you may be the most prominate male that the child knows.

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I've worked with 2 year olds for the past 6 years and honey, don't worry it's actually not strange at all. She's only 2 and she doesn't understand gender.

She's just learning about the differences between boys and girls and she's trying to work it all out in her head. Plus, she doesn't understand modesty and what is appropriate to say in public and what is not.

When she says these things, you and your sister should say to her "Yes *your name* has a penis. It's not time to talk about that now. Those are words we say at home, not at the *pool, store, whatever*"

You two will have to remind her for a while because she's 2 and that's just how 2 year olds are. :)

Keep in mind too that young children take their cues from the adults around them. If your sister has a big reaction when her daughter brings this up, it will egg her on more. Your sister and you should be calm when she says these things and simply correct her, then tell her it is not time to talk about that now and you will talk about it later if she continues.

By the way, there actually is nothing wrong with young children seeing their parents (specifically same sex parents) change or go to the bathroom, especially when it comes to potty training and learning about themselves. It may seem awkward to you, but children are visual learners. When your niece sees her mother change or go to the bathroom she begins to understand about her own body and learn appropriate actions.

I know it is embarrassing but it's normal and okay. This will pass. She only learning.

Good luck! :)

7. Lucky Penny

*Last post was edited after I realized I can't read* Sorry about that!

8. Lucky Penny

Because she's 2 and she already aware of her her own anatomy. She's also about to start potty training soon and she's old enough to start understanding the difference between boys and girls.

Look at what she knows so far:

Girls have vaginas. She's a girl. Boys have penises. You're a boy. Something about touching and telling mommy.

She doesn't understand "IF this happens, you should tell mommy." 2 year olds don't understand if. So in her head, that part of the conversation is very unclear

When she says *your name*..penis..touch it, she's thinking "*your name* has a penis and mommy said something about penises and touching....okay.... She says "*your name... penis.. touch it."

She's trying to process and verbalize, the best she can, this new information she knows. She's not accusing you of anything.

9. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

The problem here is way your sister is reacting, she obviously is freaking out (having heard horror stories and the like from the media etc).

It could be hard to convince her otherwise as any denial of wrong doing can be seen as evidence as can silence.

You need to ask her why she thinks that you have been inappropriate as opposed to her simply saying words she has learned. Basically a "you need to think about why she is saying what she is" rather than a direct "I did nothing wrong"

10. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

I think that's most likely the case. You sister has good intentions but is misinterpreting the result. I have fleeting memories of my early childhood sharing bath with a female cousin ('70s, what can I say) and then asking my parents why in the world she looked different from me. I'm sure that probably put my parents in an awkward situation. :)

I don't know how you can convincingly put your sister at ease but perhaps if you have any friends who are parents they can help talk to her with their experiences...or print out Lucky's advice.

11. JakobwithaK

I had a talk with her this evening. I basically suggested that she should ask her DR why she could be acting this way or saying this kind of stuff. She said she would consider it.

12. JakobwithaK

Exactly, thats what I dont get either. She is 2yrs old for pete sakes, how can you take them seriously? I mean from the sounds of it, it seems like shes believing her girl over me. :hsugh: I was indeed a bit offended when she said that to me.

13. JakobwithaK

thats what I think - shes just verbalizing, especially now that she is stringing together 2 or 3 words together. My sister forsure has to relax and not make such an issue about it - but easier said than done.

14. JakobwithaK

No idea - but from what she says she wants to teach her everything early. Heck, she started going potty when she was only 15 months. Not saying its bad or anything.

15. JakobwithaK

This is what my sister should be doing - but instead when she hears her say it, first thing she does is call me and ask me about it. It really sucks now, because im sure she doesnt trust me anymore and now will be weary of me when her girl is around me. And I did absolutely nothing wrong, I dont deserve this. :hs:

16. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

It isn't wrong, but you sister needs to understand that she wil say those words.