I have a 2ohm sub in a box for my home theater system...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FyreDaug, Jun 11, 2007.

1. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

and need a real amp for it. I could put it to 8 ohms too if the amp cannot handle it. I also have a concept 12" sub, single 4ohm. the current sub is good for 500w, and the concept is like 250 or so.

I wouldnt mind switching the single 4ohm sub in there, because I know 2ohm on home theater stuff can be bad. Ive been powering this sub with this boombox amp, getting a xoverd sub signal as input, and using the 2 LOW outputs bridged on the back.

I just did it to try it and thought the amp would blow up (because it was old and had no speakers for it anyways.. meh) but it worked and also sounds clear. I cant hear distortion in it, but I imagine its there with this ghetto setup. also, lacks punch at high volumes... which I dont really want to bring it up to anyways

so im looking for a home theater amp that a) can run 2ohm stable and make up to 500w, or b) makes more than 250w at 8ohm (doubtful?) or c) up to 250w at 4ohm (other sub)... I dont know where to get home theater sub amps..

2. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

3. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

4. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

ordered the amp from them, will use the concept. cant find any info on the sub currently. will build a new box for it. let ya know how it turns out...