SRS I have 4 friends only

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by reallyneedmoney, Mar 8, 2007.

1. reallyneedmoney

reallyneedmoney New Member

I work full time w/ no gf and four friends only. Fawk, every day when I get home I basically surf the net b/c my friends are busy with their careers. What should I do? I'm sorta sick of the repetitiveness of my life.

2. pregnant_King

pregnant_King New Member

Im gonna give the advice my grandfather gave me before he passed away.
    "If you're ever in trouble, or stuck in life, and the future is looking dark... Then join the french foreign legion".

I dont know if its a good tip, i never followed it...

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I don't have too many either. After High school it is kinda hard and takes a real outgoing person to have a ton of friends.

4. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I only have 4 people that I consider friends, but they've all been my best friends for 10 years plus, they're more like family than friends really. If your current friends are too busy with their respective careers, then maybe you need to go out and try to socialize more, or try to make friends with some co-workers.

5. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

Making/maintaining friends is a full-time job. You should do things that you enjoy and "friends" will follow.

6. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Alright. I was sitting in class reading this and I sat and thought how many of my friends are really my true friends.

To be completely honest I have like 6 maybe 7 that I could call "friends". I think that you have to chose your friends like you would a new car.

7. More&Faster

More&Faster New Member

i agree with this. i cant vouch for it from experience, but i think it's true.

i think if you focus on doing what you want, then you'll make friends, find a girl, and be happy. if you focus on making friends and finding a girl, you'll struggle to do so, and you'll never really be happy.

8. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I agree that you should choose your friends wisely. When a group of friends forms, they all tend to rub off on one another and the group developes its own personality.....so make sure you're in a good group.

9. FurryFriend

FurryFriend New Member

Just wait until they get married and have a family. They'll have even less time for you.

Once you're in the working world, socializing revolves around your girlfriend and other couples. You can't expect to hang out with your buddies like back in high school. You gotta grow up, move on and evolve.

10. pregnant_King

pregnant_King New Member

I think you should take my grandfathers advice and join the legion. sign a contract be gone 5 years and you have enough money to open up a store or something.

11. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Dude, you have the worst advice ever. Stop giving any advice in the asylum.

:ugh:

12. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I also have 4 closest friends, however I don't see much of them recently and yes they are more like family now which I've known for over 10 years... The key is definitely GOING OUT, by yourself! you don't need anyone else, enjoy yourself go out explore the world the city, and you WILL meet new people, when you do things by following your heart and intuition, it will take you places YOU find interesting and then, like will attract like and you will find people interested in the same things ;)

13. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

Everyone hits it on the head. When i moved to school I had no friends but I had hobbies. Whatever your hobby is find a place to do it where other people who share your interests will be. I love soccer so I found a good bar and made friends with all the other fans. I play video games so i found like a lan center and went there and made friends there.

Putting yourself out there is important. You know what? if you dont meet friends, at least you're still doing something you like.

14. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

4 friends is like average for this site/forum. :hug:

15. TonyMontana

TonyMontana Black and Gold

I dont know if you've attended post secondary, but I found it is basically an extension of highschool, but with higher academic expectations from everyone. If you want to meet some people with similar interests, take a course or courses in a field that interests you.

16. Perseverant

Perseverant Yes I am.

I have 3 friends, but I'm happy. :dunno:

This is the way its always been. In fact I have more friends now than I did in High School. I just prefer to have a couple really close friends than to have a bunch of people who I could care less about. I don't see anything wrong with that.

17. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Remember back when we were young kids on a playground? How easy was it to make friends then? Some strange kid would simply offer to play with you, then suddenly you're friends. If you can't remember, spend some time with kids... give them 10 minutes in a playground and suddenly they're all playing together with others they never met.

What changed now other then the fact you now put all these conditions and labels on those you would consider friends?

If you have 3 or 4 "good" friends, then that's fantastic. You got your base. Now to make new friends you simply meet people you like and you tell yourself, "this is my friend". It's often self-fulfilling. Your body language and communication with this person will simply do the work.

Changing your repetitive life is another situation altogether. You don't change your life by doing the exact same thing tomorrow what you did today. Tomorrow, leave the computer off. The next day add something else different that you never did the day before. etc etc.

18. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

I don't see a problem with have a handful of friends. That's how I am... but I have a few CLOSE friends, and that's all I need. As long as I know that there is someone that I can sit down with a spill my guts to without having to worry about someone laughing in my face for it, then I'm perfectly fine.

I came to college with almost no friends, and I'm leaving my first year of college with a handful of friends. I'm proud of myself.

19. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

the way i look at is like this:

be kind to everyone you meet. be acquantences (SP??) with those you like, be friends with a few, and love one.

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Because people aren't little kids anymore. When you're a kid at recess, everyone is just like you. When you're in your 20s, half the people you meet won't pass your initial screening criteria. People become fuckups. Drug addicts. Thiefs. Douchebags. It's rare to find someone who is actually worthy of being your friend.

21. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

damn.... now that I think about i lost all my "friends" when i quit using drugs, thats thats fine with me, I have an amazing girlfriend that i also concider(sp?) my best friend and i have a few people that i talk to about once a month, but I am OK with that i have people that i can talk to online, and work friends, i guess that is all i need right now.

22. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Then consider shifting playgrounds.

The people you encounter in your social circles are more "like you" then you think.

23. MementoVivre

MementoVivre like the cat...

I like that. :)

As a female who everyone likes, or at least who most people don't dislike, trust me, it's better to have a few really good friends. I go to college with some of the most f*cked up people who really like me and who I really don't want to know. At the same time, I've met a lot of people I really like, who may become some very dear friends. It's a trade off, and I know those guys only talk to me cause I'm a girl. :rolleyes: It does get lonely when all of my friends now are too busy to do things with me, but after three years, I have 2 friends in my town, one of those guys is my ex-bf (long story). And I have two friends online that I've known for years, both are in foreign countries. I'm not so much trying to find acquaintances to do stuff with, as much I'm trying to find the few people in this world who will value me as a person, and will let me feel the same in return...and also do stuff with :)

to reallyneedmoney: is it possible you could take one college class a semester? it'd at least let you change your social scene a bit, let you be around new people in a positive setting.

24. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

With a full-time job, haven't you made any friends at work?

25. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I agree I run into so many fuck up's.