SRS I hate to think that everything wrong in life is because of a disorder.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, May 11, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

The reason I ignore everyone suggestions is because I hate the fact that I have the worst type and best type of ADD.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    With this type of ADD, most people have depression and anxiety. I know for a fact I have dyslexia and have been tested for it. So lets say I have Combined type ADD, with dyslexia, along with anxeity and depression. From that I cute little list there, I could blame everything that went wrong in my life on one of the many disorders I have. I feel if I admit to any of this it makes it far to easy to blame everything on one disorder and give up. I rather blame my self, because I control what I do. I dont understand how I cant control if I choose to go to work or dont do my homework.

Now I know this is going to piss most of you off but I feel that a people with combined type ADD have it worse then a person with just one major disorder, because we have to put up with all.

I dont need any advice on what to do I just wanted to point out on why I avoid doctors and stuff because I feel that it will make things worse then better. By giving in and accepting this. I have something to blame everything on. If you tell a normal person you did not get up for work that day because you had ADD they will be like WTF? ADD is not consider a disablity, just a learning disorder. It makes life in general hard.
    [/font]

2. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

then don't fucking criticize everyone who wants help for their adhd then.

get over it already, we know where you stand.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I haven't in a while. Also people tell me I am like that in real life, a real killjoy too. I am sure its worse on the internet to because I dont care what anyone thinks. My attuide is worse on the fourms then it is in real life because nothing stops me from saying all the negative things I dont say in real life because people would bitch and not hang around me.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2005
  4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its hard to tune in to what you suffer for someone who hasn't got ADD, i do know however that you need to try to make the best of it. Don't look at what you can't do, but look at the things that you can do. You just have to do what is usefull from now on. Focus on that.

5. You need to sit down in counseling and tell a counselor what you've been telling us. You aren't well.

6. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

I agree with METALLIC BLUE, you should seek some counseling, and really I thought going to counseling would be terrible on my mental state, and I honestly thought I could not talk to someone I did not know about my problems. But, after the first session its not so bad after all. It might seem bad at first, but the long term effects is what will really count and it is so worth it. Good Luck with everything, you might feel like life is hard but you will find a way to coupe and make your life better.

7. I need to attend Al anon meetings, counseling, take Welbutrin, and make amends with people I've hurt, as well as forgive those who have hurt me [including myself].

8. civicmon

you just told someone "to just deal with it" so basicaly, your criticizing them seeking help.

I among others are really fucking tired of your "suck it up" attitude.

either gtfo or change, simple as that. This isn't your place to be condecending towards those who are seeking help, which you constantly do.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah because he thought he had add because his gpa went from 3.5 to 3.2.

I dont know what to talk about. I mean if he asked me what was wrong in my life I could not point out anything major. All I could say is I want stuff but I dont feel like doing what it takes to get what I want. I mean I am constantly in a bad mood about my car, girl friend, friends and school.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2005
  10. civicmon

who cares? it's not your place to judge whether he has ADD or not, telling him to suck it up is NOT an appropriate answer.

if you don't know what to talk about, then DON'T SAY ANYTHING. That's very simple.

sorry you're always in a bad mood, but don't take it out on everyone else here.

11. This is something I'm working on myself.

12. BradUF

BradUF Guest

You have a great attuide, I dont know what you are talking about.

13. You only see me here. In my personal life I'm negative, difficult, self centered, and often depressed. This has been going on for a few weeks now after an event triggered some past trauma unfortunately. I'm working on it with my counselor, family and friends.

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well online you see the worse of me. Like I said all the things I dont say in life I say here. Clearly I dont go on about any of this in real life. I just keep it to my self.

15. That's what makes you sick. It's important to talk about it, and find someone to confide in. I talk with my counselor and Pastor. I have some close friends but with my problem I tend to push everyone away when I fall ill mentally or physically.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2005
  16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I talk to my girl friend and my best friend about alot of the stuff. I have told my mom a few times I fucking hate work and I cant ever see my self doing it to long. At least a normal job at this age. I have only said it a few times and only when it comes up. Im so fucking tired and dont look forward to the grind after High school.

17. I need a better philosophy for living and a support system. My negativity and pessimism has become a serious problem. Sounds like you're not very optimistic either. Negativity breeds negativity - if I stay here much longer there won't be much of me left so I need help.

18. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have been negative since I was 5, but did not show until I learned to express it in words and actions.

19. Negativity drives people away and often causes a significant decrease in quality of life when it's chronic. I think a lot of what you're going through is because of things you've been through but just can't or won't talk about. I don't even blame you though even though it's frustrating to watch. It makes people around me feel helpless, but I can understand you - since I'm very similar.

Somethings I just can't put my finger on solving my problems, and my defenses are very very strong [just like yours] and those strong defenses, and rationalizations, and justifications are often very logical, but they often keep me stuck in situations where I'm begging everyone to help me find away out. No one can help someone like me because I've got all the answers, and I'll figure it out alone [big mistake on my part]/ Unfortunately it will remain that way for me, and you until the process itself burns out and I can become aware of my own impact on the things which have hurt me or made my life hard. Often I find I've contributed a lot to the pain that hurts me even though I didn't mean to.

20. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well I guess I will just wait it out?

21. civicmon

or you could see a threapist who can help you work this shit out.

22. If you're not ready to change on all levels, then yes. See, you don't have entirely a lot of say when you aren't or are ready since many problems run very deep, and you're defenses are always up pushing away help and guidance. When you consciously feel ready and willing, you'll surrender those defenses to some degree and then counseling will be effective over time.

23. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have most of the awnsers I am just afaird to do anything or dont have the energy to do it. I think I will try Strettera again over the summer. 151/80 is not going to give me a heart attack will it?

24. I would recommend speaking with a psychiatrist in order to properly control your blood pressure while using psychiatric medications [including Strattera]. They can handle it much more precisely compared to a family physician. If you're not ready to do that [including speak with a psychologist/social worker on an ongoing basis], then you don't have to. It's going to have to happen eventually however, that I can assure you.

25. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well if College ends up being freshmen year of high school all over again. I am sure I will too. I was punching holes in the wall and sleeping all day and skipped 90% of my freshmen year.