SRS I hate this feeling

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mushokuro, Apr 30, 2008.

1. mushokuro

mushokuro Advanced being

OK this might sound completely weird, but for a very long time ( maybe around 13 years or so ) nothing feels real and every thing feels like its changing. Like, just a few minutes ago, I was pouring my self a bow of soup ( in a bowl I always have used ) and I was tripping out on how small the bowl looked. Then I started spinning out on my hands. They just seemed larger.

It feels like im in one of those big plastic spheres and i cant get out of it and go into the real world.

Anyone else have this kind of problem ?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Even if the world is fake, it is still the reality that you live in. The thing is that in your brain you have an image of the world, the world as you see it, that image is fixed, but the world around you still changes, that therefore constantly means that the world you are in now is not the same as the fixed idea of the world as you perceive it in your mind. Therefore something feels wrong or off. However there's nothing wrong with the world in that sense, its your lack of changing your mind along with the changes in this world that gives you this sense that everything is off.

For me i think you just have a sort of photographic memory. You compare the old picture constantly with the changed new picture of the world and can't seem to figure out which picture is real, the old or the new one. But in reality they are both real and both just fine as long as you accept this new picture also in your mind.

Life is more like a film, if you put all the frames in your mind correctly after eachother, you get a picture movie of everything which is your lifestory.

Wether something is real or not is just a perception, something is there tho for sure. So in that context its better to accept reality even if its fake.

3. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

^^ that was deep, but beautifully written.

4. slimjim

slimjim New Member

Sounds like you're developing schizophrenia.

5. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

wtf choice of conjunction :ugh:

6. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

I understand you're here to help, but seriously dude, calm down a bit. It seems you get way too boastful and act superior over very trivial things at times. Point and case. We're here to add advice and hopefully help people, not critique and analyze grammar.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

yeah you're right. that one is just a huge pet peeve of mind, and since you seem appreciative of good writing, i pointed it out.

8. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

I try my best, but I'm no English major :mamoru: and BTW if it's such a pet peeve, you'd of seen you typed 'mind' instead of 'mine'

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  9. mushokuro

mushokuro Advanced being

I know what you mean, but its more than that. I kind of feel out of phase with the world. I dont believe the world is fake, i know its not but it feels like that.

I wont be suprised if i am. One night the feeling got so bad it felt like i was splitting in two. I cant explain it.

I have been reading some stuff and found something called depersonalization. It sounds extremely close to what i am experiencing. I would like to see a psychiatrist about it but im afraid they will throw me in the looney bin :ugh:

10. justkristen

justkristen New Member

No, they won't throw you in the looney bin, I'm 99.9999 % sure. I've worked various facets of the health care field for 13 years, and pretty much unless you're hurting yourself or someone else, they don't commit you.

I think it is really, really important for you to see a Dr. They may not have an answer for you right away, but they can and will set you on the right path to get help. It may be as simple as a deficiency or imbalance. If not, they will help you with mental health resources also.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

actually, typo's & dyslexia are not one of my pet peeves. the fact that "e" and "d" are next to each other on my keyboard is a matter of failing to proof-read. it's not a matter of raping semantics.

fyi (this is not a big deal, because it's syntax rather than coherence), "you'd of" is an incorrect replacement of "you'd have." you probably knew that already but i figured i'd mention it just in casd.

12. Frito

Frito New Member

you think it might be too much coffee or alcohol?

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  13. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

By acting this way, it allows you to feel better than other people.

14. JohnJohnJohnson

No we're just joking around at this point. But by misinterpreting the situation, it reveals that you equate appreciation for the English language with arrogance.

15. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

Detracting from someones post by pointing out grammar isnt an appreciation for the english language. Think about it.

16. up|dn

up|dn ಠ_ಠ

I only feel like what the OP is describing when I have a high fever. I suspect it might be something that a doctor could help with, although if it doesn't negatively impact your life, there's not necessarily a need for it.