I hate the dealer games

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Drifter87, May 31, 2009.

1. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I am trying to buy an '09 Civic LX-S and the dealers play so many damn games.

- Dealers saying they have the car, I get there and the car is not there
    - Dealers lying about the car's specifications (One claimed the Civic LX has 200hp).
    - Trying to sell me the car $400 over MSRP (before destination)
    - Calling me a liar when I inform them that another dealer offered $200 over invoice (I may end up buying from this dealer if they ever get a manual shift car)
    - Saying a 60mo loan is equal to an 48 month loan
    - Trying to sell me a Red Car when I want a Blue Car
    - Telling me my 300zx is a crap, when even my mother says that my 300zx out performs the civic by far
    - Informing me the S in LX-S stands for sport... I have yet to see the sport
    - Get upset when I ask why I should buy their car over a Mazda or a Toyota
    --- This list goes on and on....

2. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Most dealers can suck it.

When my wife went in to buy a car they went through all the BS, the paperwork, the test drive, approval, etc. At the end of the day she found on she wanted, was approved for, pricing was set...and they told her they couldn't find the key so they couldn't sell it.

The worst part is she believed them, looked at another car she didn't really want...and bought it.

This was before we were married and I take no responsibility in the matter.

3. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

there should be numerous honda dealers that you are willing to drive to. just go to another one.

also deal with them over the phone/email. haggle the otd price. then talk about your 300zx trade after when you walk in, since they need to see it in person. and if one pulls, "oh, we don't have the one you asked for" bs, just walk out. don't waste any more time with them.

finding a no bs dealer is pretty much impossible nowadays.

i have family that owns a good portion of DCH, and they still rip off "family"...

4. Drifter87

I went to every single Honda dealer on Long Island and they all pulled some sort of BS like we all have stated.

I think I will buy from the Rochester Honda Dealer since they actually wanted to sell me that car I wanted.

No wonder the auto industry is failing... the sales men are horrible.

5. MartyFukstein

MartyFukstein OT Supporter

I like how the local news warns you of scams in your community then sells 50% of its advertising to...car dealerships.

6. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

i was gonna say go to jersey, but in my experience ALL dealerships near the city in ny/nj/ct are a bunch of fags....

if you're willing to take a further trip, it may be worth your while.. 2 hour ride to save a k or two...

7. Drifter87

You will not believe this!

I emailed the dealer that wanted $400 over MSRP for another quote. They called me and told me $16,265 and it would be $17,741 out the door. The price dropped $2,210 by doing the deal via email.

8. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

less pac, and internet sales guys are allowed to sell it for cheaper.

you can still negotiate further

10. alltracman78

alltracman78 New Member

The salesmen are partly at fault because they're part of the system, but most of that crap comes from management and is forced on them.

Same goes for the service side, management is always pushing for more money [of which as little as possible makes it to the techs/service writers].

Large corporate chains are the worst offenders, you'll tend to find more trustworthy people at the smaller family owned dealers; unfortunately they can't always match the lowest price of the larger chains.

11. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

"Hi, I want to buy a 2009 Civic LX-S with blue paint. Here's my deposit. Let me know when it arrives."

12. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

and this will accomplish what?

13. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

money is a powerful motivator.

show up with $15,000 in a bag point to a car that's got a $16500 sticker and say "yes or I walk across the street".

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  14. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

he didnt negotiate at all with offering a deposit....
    :ugh:

15. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

Fuck dealers, I buy used for a reason.

16. Drifter87

I have had bad experience with used car dealers as well. I was trying to buy an RX7 from a used car dealer. I put the deposit down so he would hold the car and told him I would come back tomorrow with cash.

Yeah, 1 hour before I am about to drive over, I get a call and the dealer sold the car to someone else and I had to fight to get my deposit back.

17. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Then he did it wrong. You don't have to buy the car with cash (though bank loans usually cost less than dealership loans), but if you can hand them a few thousand on-the-spot (or upon delivery of your requested car), they'll be much more accommodating, because they want to put that cash on their balance sheet right now, instead of 3 years from now.

18. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

what you need to do is ask the dealership to order you a car, either from Honda directly or pick it up from another dealership they do trades with and call you when it is available. Don't dick around. Ask them what the pricing is up front and don't let them deviate from that.

Any dealership that makes it difficult to purchase a car from isn't worth your time. And any dealership that says they don't do trades or direct purchases from Honda is full of shit and shouldn't get your business.

19. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Any purchase over $7,500 with cash and the feds have to be informed.

20. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

I said fuck dealers, not fuck new car dealers. All car dealers are the same, they play the same stupid games, give you bullshit, and just all around waste your time. I buy used from craigslist.

21. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

:werd:

Just watching my parents buy 7 new cars, 2 used, and going through finding my own vehicle and helping my Highschool GF find a car... 95% are lying through there teeth 105% of the time. Being a teenager buying a car is even worse.

The worst one was some crooked dealer trying to sell us an Integra for $2000 over blue book, his reasoning being that he provided the car fax and has a little black NADA book that was almost a year old. It had an annoying ass exhaust on it, and from the looks of all the little rice parts in the engine bay, it was driven to hell. It had a pull at speeds over 70 and he said that couldn't be true because it had been aligned just a week ago. When he called me a liar to my face I just left. Didn't say another word.

22. Beakmoney

Beakmoney OT Supporter

AMEN!
    I'm looking for a position at a smaller but still stable dealership/chain currently. or at least some place that respects(read: pays better!) their employees a bit more.

23. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

fucking a your retarded.

dealerships gets paid now whether you pay in cash or do a loan. some pot lots write their own loans but those are very rare. since we are talking about a new car, the dealership will go with Honda Financial to get the incentivised rate, or some bank or CU if the guy is taking the rebate.

24. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah people in auto sales are idiots

25. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl: